No announcement yet.

fatigue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK - only 2 days into Provigil - and I do feel a difference. I have not had the totally overwhelming desire to put my head down on my desk and nap half the day.

Only think I can say is when it wears off - I crash hard - seems to give me about 11 hours (200 mg I think - not sure - I am way too tired to walk all the way downstairs and look at the bottle - lol)

I will let you know again in about a week. I would definitely discuss with your doctor!

Good Luck!

Comment

Originally posted by jersey4ever View Post
      OK - only 2 days into Provigil - and I do feel a difference. I have not had the totally overwhelming desire to put my head down on my desk and nap half the day.

Only think I can say is when it wears off - I crash hard - seems to give me about 11 hours (200 mg I think - not sure - I am way too tired to walk all the way downstairs and look at the bottle - lol)

I will let you know again in about a week. I would definitely discuss with your doctor!

Good Luck!
      If you still feel like crashing, you can play around some with dosing to get a steadier bump. I started out at just 100mg in am. After awhile, it was 100 in am, and then another 100 around 1-2pm. When I needed a bump up, we did 100 in am, then 200 early afternoon. Then finally 200 for both dosages. That was probably over an 8 year period.

Glad you are getting some benefit from it.
      Kathy
      DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

That’s wonderful you are still able to work and you have such a great career! If I was in your shoes I would want to hang onto it as long as I could.

At the hospital that I frequent they are starting to experiment with giving staff shorter shifts instead of the traditional 12hour- 3 days a week. I don’t know if it would be possible but it might be worth asking to see if you could work a shorter hours. I can just feel the pain of trying to take a shower with that kind of fatigue. No matter how much you force yourself it’s nearly impossible, if not downright dangerous.

Whether it’s Provigil or shorter shifts, I hope you can find a way to keep your career going. Best of luck!

Comment

Thanks Pennstater - I am going to call the nurse and see if we can split to 100 twice a day as a start... totally crashing just when you get home from work and need to deal with 8th grade math homework is not ideal - lol.... did I ever really know how to do 8th grade math!

palmtree - I know I am very lucky with my job. I work way to much - but I work for "Big Pharma" and honestly - they are amazing. When I was first denied for Tecfidera the HR Dept actually got involved and fought for me... but I guess being a Pharma company we better support people taking the latest and greatest drug instead of trying older cheaper ones first!! We also do a lot of business with the US Government so our "statistics on diversity" are watched closely - women, minorities, the disabled and each of these at managerial levels... I'm a "triple win" for them - a disable, female, Director! My colleagues joke with me that I could come into the office drink coffee and nap all day and they would still never fire me! Too bad I am also a crazy workaholic who usually spends 11 hours in the office every day... ha ha - I need to stop caring.

Comment

Working...
          X