To all of our Australian friends

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To all of our Australian friends

I have been reading about the fires in Australia and want to send our blessings to the members of this site who are living through it, I really hope everyone is OK.

It sounds like the heat is really scary since heat is not good for MS.

Thanks for this, palmtree. I've been thinking along the same thoughts and hope everyone has found safety amid the devastation. Regardless if one has MS or not, are two legged or four, our thoughts go out to all.
    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Terrifying

Prayer and positive vibes coming your way. I cannot imagine what it's like there.

Comment

Originally posted by palmtree View Post
        I have been reading about the fires in Australia and want to send our blessings to the members of this site who are living through it, I really hope everyone is OK.

It sounds like the heat is really scary since heat is not good for MS.
        Australian Friends, I echo palmtree's thoughts.

Blessings to all. Try to remain hopeful for better times.

Take Care
        PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
        ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Yes; our thoughts go out to you. I hope that you can find a place that provides safety and is comfortable.
          ~ Faith
          MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
          (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
          - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
          - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
          - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Praying everyone is okay and in a safe place.
            God Bless Us All

Comment

Prayers lifted for all that are suffering, praying for relief and comfort.

Comment

Hello from Australia!

I live a long way from the coast. It is pretty forest-free round here. (Most of Australia is a big desert with a nice green fringe round the edge.)
                Really, really hot, though.

More than 200 of these awful fires were lit by arsonists (85%). One idiot was recently caught after setting fire to his shirt and throwing it out the window of his car into the trees while speeding down the highway. 🙄

Yes, it does look pretty apocalyptic. Even the sky here is sometimes full of smoke, and we’re 400kms from the coast.
                Combine a really long drought, hot strong wind with lots of dead undergrowth, add eucalyptus trees (which burn like fury) and you get the not-so-perfect storm.

Thank you for your prayers and concern, MS-Worlders.

Comment

Good to hear from you, Think, and glad you are out of the fire zone. I was actually thinking of you earlier and hoped to hear from you, so thanks for letting us know.

I imagine it is scary for you to see so much devastation in your homeland.

So, are you greatly affected by the heat as so many of us with MS are? I can't even imagine living alongside the heat temps that they are reporting in the news.

Please take care
                  1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
                  Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

So good to hear you are safely away from the tinderbox! That is really sad that arsenists were involved. Those people must really be sick.

I was imagining what it would be like to have to evacuate with MS. Trying to climb onto a boat and getting around when the evacuators aren’t trained to help us. It sounds scary.

Looked at your weather report. Today 104F and triple digits for over a week. When those hot days are prolonged like that I think that is when it gets really distressing. I guess you will be spending a lot of time in the bathtub unless you have a really powerful air conditioner.

I second Seasha’s words. Take care of yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by Thinkimjob View Post
                      I live a long way from the coast. It is pretty forest-free round here. (Most of Australia is a big desert with a nice green fringe round the edge.)
                      Really, really hot, though.

More than 200 of these awful fires were lit by arsonists (85%). One idiot was recently caught after setting fire to his shirt and throwing it out the window of his car into the trees while speeding down the highway. 🙄

Yes, it does look pretty apocalyptic. Even the sky here is sometimes full of smoke, and we’re 400kms from the coast.
                      Combine a really long drought, hot strong wind with lots of dead undergrowth, add eucalyptus trees (which burn like fury) and you get the not-so-perfect storm.

Thank you for your prayers and concern, MS-Worlders.
                      Hi Think ~

Thanks for checking-in! Great to hear from you.

Hope that you are able to keep cool.

Take Care
                      PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
                      ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Really glad to see an update from you think! I have been wondering how you were making out. Happy to know you are not in the fire zone. I am sure it is still distressing to you. Hope you can stay out of the smoke and in AC.
                        Kathy
                        DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Got kind of obsessed with Twitter

I shall check in more. Good to know people care - I do care, too. 💕 to all.

Comment

Working...
                          X