• Show
Clear All

Exercise check in thread 01-02-2020

Happy New year!

5 checked in this last week.

2 met goals.
    3 didn't set goals during holiday week.

For new Exercisers:
    Feel free to join us. You set your own goals. You can keep the same goals week-to-week, or modify them. You decide if you accomplished them. Check in once a week to let us know how you did last week, and to set goals for the following week.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

I am so pleased that I finally made my goal! Although I didn't babysit this week as mama had the week off, I made the extra time to get back to doing my full PT routine for 4 days.

Did some house cleaning, grocery shopping walking and lots of stretching and some yoga.

Hope I can keep the momentum going.. Haven't been sleeping well, due to some pain which throws me off, so we'll see.

Goal = 3-4x PT exercises and other forms of movement.

Hope you're all starting the new year by keeping yourself moving
    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Originally posted by Seasha View Post
      I am so pleased that I finally made my goal! Although I didn't babysit this week as mama had the week off, I made the extra time to get back to doing my full PT routine for 4 days.

Did some house cleaning, grocery shopping walking and lots of stretching and some yoga.
      Terrific job with activities and exercise, Seasha!
      PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
      ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Thumbs up Seasha.

I made my Jiu Jitsu training goals but not the weight training or run goal.

New goals for the following weeks....

Jiu Jitsu 2 times a week
        Yoga 3 times a week
        2 three mile runs a week.

I just don't have an opportunity to make it to the gym for weight training anymore with my schedule change so I’ll get back to yoga and body weight training.
        The future depends on what you do today.- Gandhi

Comment

Originally posted by Boudreaux View Post
          I made my Jiu Jitsu training goals
          Nice work, Boudreaux!

Originally posted by Boudreaux View Post
          New goals for the following weeks....

Jiu Jitsu 2 times a week
          Yoga 3 times a week
          2 three mile runs a week.

I just don't have an opportunity to make it to the gym for weight training anymore with my schedule change so I’ll get back to yoga and body weight training.
          Looks like a good plan! Good luck!
          ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Made a partial goal

I didn't get my 2000 average steps per day.

Total steps = 12,480 Avg steps = 1783 per day
            Silver Sneakers 1x
            Chair Yoga 2x
            Strong Seniors 2x
            PT at home 2x

Good job on your goals, Seasha. I hope your pain decreases or goes away.
            Boudreaux, nice job. You did some exercises, and sometimes we need to modify our goals.
            ~ Faith
            MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
            (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
            - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
            - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
            - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Hi Everyone!

Checking in late again. Just finished my 3 rd session at gym this week (gym was closed NYE-NYD), so Friday is now in the books.

No trainer or pool again this week but 4.5 hours @ gym. A mix of equipment again, remembering to work opposing muscle groups contracting / expanding (pull / push). I'm pretty good on contracting... expansion... not really.

Kept up stretching: 20 minutes x 5, cardio; 1.5 miles x 3. 2 weeks now @ 100 sit-ups x 3.

Congratulations to Mamabug. What's a couple hundred steps between friends? And Seasha, don't push pain too far as you get back to a regular schedule. Boudreaux... what's the difference between weight training vs. body weight training (nice job with the cardio)?

And KoKo... noticed you chimed in with accolades for everyone but didn't mention your week. As that commercial says " Where's your belly rub?" Gee I sure hope that commercial runs nation wide... yikes!

Final note: last weeks dark chocolate never even made it to New Years Eve.

Comment

Made Goals

Hi everyone

Originally posted by Mamabug View Post

Total steps = 12,480 Avg steps = 1783 per day
                Silver Sneakers 1x
                Chair Yoga 2x
                Strong Seniors 2x
                PT at home 2x
                Great job, Mamabug!

I had a very good week with my exercises, and made goals.

I'm going to add arm exercises to my goals. I've been doing passive exercises on my right arm and hand, but nothing on my left arm because I've always felt that my left arm does way too much already and gets plenty of action as it is.

Now I'm thinking that maybe some light exercises wouldn't hurt. Hopefully the exercises will not tire out my most useful arm. I'll need to start slow with this.

Daily: Up on feet and light activity 5X a day @ 30 min each + Stretches throughout the day

5X a Week: Walk/Stand with rollator 5X during the week @ 30 min each time + In-chair ab crunches (20 each time) + Arm, Leg, and Lower Back Exercises

Good wishes to everyone on your exercise goals.

Comment

Originally posted by 502E79 View Post

Checking in late again. Just finished my 3 rd session at gym this week (gym was closed NYE-NYD), so Friday is now in the books.

No trainer or pool again this week but 4.5 hours @ gym. A mix of equipment again, remembering to work opposing muscle groups contracting / expanding (pull / push). I'm pretty good on contracting... expansion... not really.

Kept up stretching: 20 minutes x 5, cardio; 1.5 miles x 3. 2 weeks now @ 100 sit-ups x 3.
                  Looking fantastic, Jer!

And KoKo... noticed you chimed in with accolades for everyone but didn't mention your week. As that commercial says " Where's your belly rub?" Gee I sure hope that commercial runs nation wide... yikes!
                  My 'belly rub' was late! I haven't seen the commercial, though. Now you got me curious!

Comment

Great job everyone! What a way to start the new year/decade!
                    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
                    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Originally posted by KoKo View Post
                      My 'belly rub' was late! I haven't seen the commercial, though. Now you got me curious!

KoKo and others...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxTEe9baZOE

Jer

Comment

'Where's your belly rubs?'

Oh yeah, it's Danny DiVito! Thanks Jer!

Comment

Working...
                        X