2019 ends...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2019 ends...

...What would you say is the best thing that happened to you this year?

I think I am finally realizing that I have responsibilities to myself and others.

Hopefully 2020 will allow me to act accordingly.

Getting Love and Support from my Family and being able to Give it back.
    God Bless Us All

Comment

Originally posted by 502E79 View Post
      The best things have been the opportunities to assist others in practical ways. Those times have been the best parts of the year because making someone else’s life better makes my life much more fulfilling. It truly is more rewarding to give than receive.

Also, a terrific part of the year are the daily visits I have with my mother; those visits mean so much to me. Many would give anything to have just one more day with their mother and realizing their deep longings helps me value how very precious these visits really are.

Final thought… No matter what our lot in life, when we wake up in the morning it is appropriate to think, “Hot Dog! I’m resurrected from the dead… its gonna be a great day!” Then enjoy it!

Comment

Deeper Gratitude

I have always been grateful for the people in my life and the experiences I have had. Volunteering really deepened my level of gratitude for my every day life this year.
        Kathy
        DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Yes, in a word, gratitude opens so much more for each of us. Thanks pennstater & REG53....

Also, thanks MyOak for responding as a caregiver.

I hope that other caregivers who don't post often will help create a wider perspective. We can come away from 2019 with something to build on, vicarious is fine, that's what MSW is built on.

Jerry

Comment

Had some success with mind/body practice, which has helped my mind to have greater control over my body. This has both fascinated and inspired me.

We can come away from 2019 with something to build on
            Yes! I am motivated to continue and build on this concept.

Take Care and Happy New Year!
            PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
            ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Wow -- the best thing that happened to me in 2019?

Probably two things --
              #1 - I've been able to enjoy my grandchildren. In 2019, we saw them 4x, I think. 2019 is also the year that my SIL applied for permanent residency. Although the process is going more slowly than they had hoped, we are hopeful that, maybe by the end of 2020, they may be able to move to Kansas from Canada.

#2 - My MS is remaining stable. I started a restrictive diet (similar to Wahls' Protocol) and made additional changes to my lifestyle in 2018, and it seems to be making a difference in halting progression. I've also seen small incremental improvements in some areas.
              ~ Faith
              MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
              (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
              - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
              - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
              - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Originally posted by KoKo View Post
                Had some success with mind/body practice, which has helped my mind to have greater control over my body. This has both fascinated and inspired me.
                Yes. There is something to this that I will probably never fully understand. But incomprehensible as it may be, it can still be embraced. I keep at it too.

Thanks for sharing KoKo!

Comment

I think the best thing that happened to me in 2019 was taking my youngest nephew to Universal Studios Hollywood to see the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. My nephew is the youngest child of my youngest brother. My brother passed away almost 4 years ago of an accidental drug overdose, after battling drug addiction for almost 20 years.

Avery was only 8 years old when my brother passed. Despite my brother's issues, Avery adored and loved him unconditionally. My brother had promised to take Avery to Universal many times but it never happened. My older son and I flew him down to LA and we had the best weekend ever. He even got picked for the wand experience at Olivander's Wand Shop which was icing on the cake. It was amazing to see him so happy and excited. It was also a great opportunity for him to build his confidence as he had to fly to/from San Francisco from Canada all on his own. These were priceless memories to share with him.

Comment

Working...
                  X