Ditropan Dosage??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ditropan Dosage??

Hello everyone.. So I was wondering if anyone was on ditropan and what dosage do you all take? I been taking 15mg since I was 15yrs old... I recently started having to go to the bathroom more and it gets worst at night I have even wet the bed some nights.. Does anyone take more than 15mg and if so how much do you all take?? I'm thinking maybe my dosage needs to be increased.

Hi MekaD82.

I would suggest you speak to your Prescribing Dr. (Urologist?) as your Dr. would know the best course of action for your circumstances.

I used Ditropan for approximately a month due to an exacerbation. This was many, many years ago and I don't remember the dosage, all I know is it made me really tired and I slept the majority of the day.

Take care.
    Diagnosed 1984
    “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

I take the 10mg extended release. It works for me.

Comment

I take 30mg daily which is the maximum amount daily so you have more if needed. It helps with retention and frequency. I definitely would take with your doctor.

Comment

Thanks so much I was just curious to know before I went to my doctor..

Comment

This is timely. I just went to my neuro this week and was given a script for Dipropan. 1 Tablet (5mg) by mouth twice a day.

Haven't filled it yet and am wondering about side effects for those who use it.

MekaD82 and others - let me know how it's going!
            1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
            Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Hi Seasha,

It's been a few years, but I had dry mouth on this medication. That led to some expensive dental problems.

Sugar free candy or gum can help stimulate saliva, and there are rinses that help replace moisture in your mouth.

It also gave me constipation.

Good luck with it, and hope it helps!
              Kimba

“When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.” ― Max Planck

Comment

Thanks Kimba, I'm still not sure I'm going this route - I may try some bladder training with a therapist before I take meds. I really hate taking any kind of medication that has constipation as a side effect.

We'll see if the therapy helps first.
                1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
                Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Working...
                X