Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exercise check in thread 12-26-2019

6 checked in this last week.

2 met goals. (I think. I wasn't clear if 502E79 decided if goals were met.)

02E79)
    3 made partial goals.
    1 new member set goals.

For new Exercisers:
    Feel free to join us. You set your own goals. You can keep the same goals week-to-week, or modify them. You decide if you accomplished them. Check in once a week to let us know how you did last week, and to set goals for the following week.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Partial goal.

I didn't exactly track. But I'm back to doing Strong Seniors at Grand Central senior center instead of rec center class. And I'm starting Silver Sneakers Classic again. Still doing occasional PT exercises at home.

Steps are probably too low.
    ~ Faith
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.

- Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

I didn't set any goals and didn't have much time to exercise anyway. I'm hoping for a come back this week. Goal for at least 3 -4 days of some form to include some PT exercises.

Hope this week's exercising is productive for you all!
      1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
      Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Originally posted by Mamabug View Post
        But I'm back to doing Strong Seniors at Grand Central senior center instead of rec center class. And I'm starting Silver Sneakers Classic again. Still doing occasional PT exercises at home.
        Looks like a great routine, Mamabug!

Originally posted by Seasha View Post
        I'm hoping for a come back this week. Goal for at least 3 -4 days of some form to include some PT exercises.
        Good luck on your come back, Seasha!

I was able to accomplish my goals, as I didn't have to do a lot of holiday prep (like most of you had to do).

My exercises went well, and always feel good when I accomplish them.

I'm staying with the same goals for now.

Daily: Up on feet and light activity 5X a day @ 30 min each + Stretches throughout the day

5X a Week: Walk/Stand with rollator 5X during the week @ 30 min each time + In-chair ab crunches (20 each time) + Leg and Lower Back Exercises

Happy New Year everyone!!
        PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
        ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Awesome job keeping up during the holidays Koko.

I’m right there with Mamabug and Seasha. I only got in one night of Jiu Jitsu, no runs and no weight training this week. I don’t think next week will be any different either.

Keep it going.
          The future depends on what you do today.- Gandhi

Comment

We're all doing the best we can. I expect (hope!) this week will be better for me. And, after the new year, hopefully we can all have more time and motivation. We'll get back to our goals once our schedules return to normal.

Meanwhile, holidays, family and fun are good for us and good for our health too. :-) For now, it's okay to be off track a little as long as we don't remain derailed for very long.

Yay to Koko for meeting goals during Christmas week!
            ~ Faith
            (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

Meanwhile, holidays, family and fun are good for us and good for our health too.
              So true! Especially when I don't have to cook, bake, or decorate - and family comes and brings the food!

But not for too long, especially for those of us that get sensory overload, if crowded, noisy, and chaotic.

Yay to Koko for meeting goals during Christmas week!
              Thanks Mamabug! I don't have to go out to exercise, and I do it early. That makes it pretty easy to fit exercising into my day.
              ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Originally posted by Boudreaux View Post
                Awesome job keeping up during the holidays Koko.
                Thank you Boudreaux!

Comment

Hi Everyone!

Sorry to be checking in late. With Christmas mid-week, gym was closed, so Friday became a workout day.

Like KoKo, I had no guests to concern myself with, so the week was good, very good really.

Christmas & New Years IS exercise in my book, so Boudreaux, Seasha, Mamabug were busy enough, just a bit different.

And Faith, last week I met goals. Any attempt on my part (100 steps or 1000 steps) is considered meeting my goals. As the saying goes... Men look at the success of our efforts, God looks at the efforts themselves.

Without trainer: I spent 5 hours in gym this week (no pool) using a pyramid approach to sets on equipment that trainer uses, but less often. Stretching: 100 minutes (over 5 days), 5 miles (over 3 days) on different cardio equipment. And for me a record... 300 sit-ups on incline bench (over 3 days also).

Oh another thing... a "church lady" dropped off some home made dark chocolate and a bottle of Merlot. Trying to keep it till New Years Eve. Yeah right?!

Comment

Originally posted by 502E79 View Post
                    Any attempt on my part (100 steps or 1000 steps) is considered meeting my goals. As the saying goes... Men look at the success of our efforts, God looks at the efforts themselves.
                    This makes good sense, especially since the results of our efforts can vary from day to day, and even hour to hour!

Without trainer: I spent 5 hours in gym this week (no pool) using a pyramid approach to sets on equipment that trainer uses, but less often. Stretching: 100 minutes (over 5 days), 5 miles (over 3 days) on different cardio equipment. And for me a record... 300 sit-ups on incline bench (over 3 days also).
                    I had a feeling that you were a self-starter and self-motivator! Way to go, Jer!

Enjoy your dark chocolate and Merlot!

I have some very "bad" snacks for New Year's Eve - Swiss cheese and summer sausage.

Comment

And Faith, last week I met goals. Any attempt on my part (100 steps or 1000 steps) is considered meeting my goals. As the saying goes... Men look at the success of our efforts, God looks at the efforts themselves.
                      Good to know! Yes; effort is important in setting goals. :-)
                      ~ Faith
                      (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

Kudos Jer. Enjoy that chocolate and merlot.
                        The future depends on what you do today.- Gandhi

Comment

Any attempt on my part (100 steps or 1000 steps) is considered meeting my goals.
                          That's the way I look at it too, Jer! Even if my day's exercise is, for example, dusting, laundry, or some other form of lite activity, I consider it exercise. Moving around of some sort, depending how I feel that day, is better than being a couch potato!

Great job for meeting your goal!

Happy New Year's celebration to all! We know how you're going to celebrate, Jer!
                          1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
                          Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Originally posted by Seasha View Post
                            Even if my day's exercise is, for example, dusting, laundry, or some other form of lite activity, I consider it exercise.
                            Yes, for sure!

These should be included in your check-in, Seasha. I include daily 'chores' in my exercise check-in as 'up on feet and light activity'.

Comment

Working...
                            X