No announcement yet.

Spent the night in the E/R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I was younger I wouldn’t go to the doctor because they would just yell at me after they took my BP. I had no control over it and i wasn’t under stress other than he ordinary stress associated with driving to the doctor without getting in a crash.

When I found a doctor who would treat me it was such a relief. Stress always plays a role in our health but genetic high BP is just that:genetic.

Heat affects my BP a lot. It’s always worse in the summer than the winter. Once I went to ER in the summer(I thought I was having a flair) and lay on the gurney in my ER room with the alarm going off continuously and the ER doctor wouldn’t do a thing. It was 200 something over 110. The worst was that this doctor was one of the mothers at my son’s elementary school. It was a small private school where everyone knew each other. She was angry because my son was in medical school and her son was sitting on the couch.

I don’t think that’s why she ignored my BP but it’s an example of overrating the role of stress in BP. When you have a stroke it doesn’t matter why you had elevated blood pressure. You had the stroke anyway.

Do you have a primary care doctor or internist in addition to a neurologist? Many of us with MS just see a neurologist but I have always stayed with an internist because a major stroke can have results worse than many people’s MS ever gets and a heart attack...well we know what that can do.

Comment

Working...
    X