X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rachel Miner from Guiding Light has MS

I don't recall seeing this before.

https://www.hypable.com/rachel-miner...view-clarence/
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    Anonymous

An article well worth reading. Here's just one quote:

The multitudes of fans who reached out and asked her to keep appearing and connecting with them can be credited with helping Miner to understand the value and power of her new position — she’s now learned that just by showing up, by being a visible disabled woman in the public eye, on a stage or on the internet, she can be an example of strength to those in similar circumstances.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Thank you for replying, Faith. I thought she is very inspiring and was surprised no one else commented, focused on their own stuff I guess.
      He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
      Anonymous

Comment

Thank you Jules for posting this. She sure inspired me and I think she is very brave also.
        God Bless Us All

Comment

Originally posted by Jules A View Post
          Thank you for replying, Faith. I thought she is very inspiring and was surprised no one else commented, focused on their own stuff I guess.
          You're welcome. Thanks for posting. It's a great article.

Busy time of year, I guess. Maybe we all have less time to read.
          ~ Faith
          MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
          (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
          - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
          - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
          - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Originally posted by Mamabug View Post
            You're welcome. Thanks for posting. It's a great article.

Busy time of year, I guess. Maybe we all have less time to read.
            That is the case with me. I am only 1/2 thru. Long articles take a lot of focus for me.
            Kathy
            DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Originally posted by Jules A View Post
              Thanks Jules!

I can really relate to the following MS experience of Rachel, from the article:

For Miner, this usually presents as extreme muscle weakness, bad balance, an inability to walk, and loss of feeling in her hands and feet.

"The problem is it goes in and out of working. So I might get it to work well for 20 minutes, and then it won’t work at all, and I’m literally completely paralyzed, and I have to kind of lie down and rest and recuperate, and then I might get signalling back, and then I’ll be able to use my body again."

For me, I have about 30 min before I become immobile and need to rest (much less if I'm too warm).

I think she is the first celebrity with MS that I can relate to the most, by her description of what she experiences.

Take Care
              PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
              ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Thanks for posting - I think it is a very positive think when people discuss their MS in public to bring more attention to it. I personally don't tell people about my diagnosis, and although I struggle with this form of deception, I also value the ability I have to pass as "normal."

I didn't read the article, but I googled her and watched some youtube videos of her talking about MS. Honestly, I had never heard of her before!

Comment

I'm rooting for her and appreciative of the awareness she is bringing for us all.
                  Anonymous

Comment

Working...
                  X