Exercise check in thread 12-12-2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boudreaux View Post
    Nice work everyone. I’ll say I made partial goals.

2 nights of Jiu Jitsu accomplished
    Glad you were able to get some Jiu Jitsu in, Boudreaux!
    PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Originally posted by KoKo View Post
      ....Before I stand up from a sitting position, I do a few partial stand-ups first, before I do the real thing. Is that also an example of what your trainer means (priming the well)?

Yes KoKo. After floor exercise or chair exercise, often 60 minutes or more, upon standing she has me stand in place feet shoulder width apart and do at least half dozen knee bends. Not deep (5" or 6"), she calls this getting my "sea legs" under me. Have to say I discovered this myself and employ it any time I rise from seating position.

Boudreaux, an aside on the Jiu Jitsu... Some broadcast program had a segment recently relating benefits of this discipline for seniors. It focused on balance or more exactly loss of balance and learning how to fall properly. Spreading the impact area to avoid fracture or bone break. Smart.

It's another thing I ltry to keep in mind. Here in the North East, ice for 2+ months gives everyone lessons well worth learning.

Jer

Comment

Assessment results

For those who are interested:

I improved in all but two tests. One stayed the same. One was slightly slower. Actually, I had wondered if I'd improve on any of them because on test day, my bidy felt somewhat fatigued.

1. Chair stands (# if stands in 30 seconds)
        Pre: 10; Post: 15
        2. Chair sit / reach (# of inches)
        Right; Pre: 1.0; Post; 2.5
        Left; Pre: 9.5; Post; 2.5
        3. Back scratch (# of inches)
        Right; Pre: -7.0; Post; -6.0
        Left; Pre: -8.5; Post; -7.0
        4. 8 foot up-and-go (# of seconds)
        Pre: 9.69; Post; 10.81

Balance tests (# of seconds)
        1. Mountain pose:
        Pre: 10; Post; 10
        2. Tandem stand
        Pre: 4; Post; 10
        3. One- legged stand
        Pre: N/A; Didn't test because I didn't pass Tandem stand; Post; 3
        ~ Faith
        MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
        (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
        - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
        - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
        - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Originally posted by Mamabug View Post
          For those who are interested:

I improved in all but two tests. One stayed the same. One was slightly slower. Actually, I had wondered if I'd improve on any of them because on test day, my bidy felt somewhat fatigued.

1. Chair stands (# if stands in 30 seconds)
          Pre: 10; Post: 15
          2. Chair sit / reach (# of inches)
          Right; Pre: 1.0; Post; 2.5
          Left; Pre: 9.5; Post; 2.5
          3. Back scratch (# of inches)
          Right; Pre: -7.0; Post; -6.0
          Left; Pre: -8.5; Post; -7.0
          4. 8 foot up-and-go (# of seconds)
          Pre: 9.69; Post; 10.81

Balance tests (# of seconds)
          1. Mountain pose:
          Pre: 10; Post; 10
          2. Tandem stand
          Pre: 4; Post; 10
          3. One- legged stand
          Pre: N/A; Didn't test because I didn't pass Tandem stand; Post; 3

Hi Faith,

These are the results from the Kansas U "Stay Strong Stay Healthy" evaluation?

Will have to print out and show to trainer. I understand # of chair sit / stand per minute & one leg stand but need someone to interpret the others.

Thanks for posting!

Comment

Originally posted by 502E79 View Post
            Hi Faith,

These are the results from the Kansas U "Stay Strong Stay Healthy" evaluation?

Will have to print out and show to trainer. I understand # of chair sit / stand per minute & one leg stand but need someone to interpret the others.

Thanks for posting!
            Yes; these are the results of the assessments. But the assessments are totally different than the exercises. If you want more info, you can find my email address in my profile. Maybe I can send you some info.
            ~ Faith
            MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
            (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
            - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
            - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
            - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Working...
            X