Turbomed Xtern AFO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turbomed Xtern AFO

Does anyone have or tried a Turbomed Xtern AFO?
    This thing looks like it works well. Im really excited about how you can use it with multiple shoes as it is on the outside.
    I am seeing the orthotic guy this week and I am bringing up this one.

If I cant get this I am leaning towards the Ottobock WalkOn AFO.

Does anyone have experience with either of these?

Turbomed Xtern AFO

Well I got one. It is amazing how well it works. I currently have the clips on 2 pairs of shoes. It will work on most shoes, maybe need to drill holes on some or groove the sole on others.

I can finally wear boots with an AFO!

It just takes getting used to. You're not gonna hide it, its on the outside of your shoe.
    I'd rather walk with it than without it looking like I'm drunk.

Comment

I googled it to see what it looks like. That’s really different. I’ll bet it’s more comfortable since it’s on the outside of the shoe. I used to wear the Toe-off, which was inside the shoe. It really limited shoe styles.

I’m glad to see innovative mobility aids.

Comment

Originally posted by pballer76 View Post
        Well I got one. It is amazing how well it works. I currently have the clips on 2 pairs of shoes. It will work on most shoes, maybe need to drill holes on some or groove the sole on others.

I can finally wear boots with an AFO!

It just takes getting used to. You're not gonna hide it, its on the outside of your shoe.
        I'd rather walk with it than without it looking like I'm drunk.
        Thanks for letting us know about the Turbomed Xtern AFO, pballer76, and glad to know that it is working for you.

If possible, could you update here and let us know the pros and cons, as you use it for awhile?

I've been using the hard plastic, custom made AFO for years.

I have severe foot drop. Wondering if Turbomed would work for me.

Thank You!
        PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
        ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

2 weeks

I have been wearing it for 2 weeks now. I have 3 pairs of shoes with the clips installed. So far its better than wearing the other inside the shoe one I have. BCBS paid 100% of it.

It is different in that everyone can see it, no hiding it but at this point I no longer care.

It does allow a little more ankle movement. I can push my ankle down. A little exercise.

I am still on a learning curve with but so far I wouldn’t trade it for anything.

Except for a bioness or walk aide!

Comment

Originally posted by pballer76 View Post
            I have been wearing it for 2 weeks now. I have 3 pairs of shoes with the clips installed. So far its better than wearing the other inside the shoe one I have. BCBS paid 100% of it.

It is different in that everyone can see it, no hiding it but at this point I no longer care.

It does allow a little more ankle movement. I can push my ankle down. A little exercise.

I am still on a learning curve with but so far I wouldn’t trade it for anything.

Except for a bioness or walk aide!
            Thank you pballer, very helpful.
            PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
            ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Working...
            X