Starting new exercise today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Starting new exercise today

I,had a stroke last July.Im in a wheelchair every thing is a challenge, today I got on my recumbent bike and rode 6 minutes .Just hope I will keep it up

Originally posted by Carlyle View Post
    I,had a stroke last July.Im in a wheelchair every thing is a challenge, today I got on my recumbent bike and rode 6 minutes .Just hope I will keep it up
    Hi Carlyle ~

Great job riding your recumbent bike!

Why not join our Exercise Check-In, in the Wellness Forum?

We'll help you to keep it up, with our weekly support!

Take Care
    PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Wonderful, Carlyle! I want to own a recumbent myself someday!

Yes, I also encourage you to join in our exercise weekly thread. All of us have different capabilities and different styles for keeping our bodies moving.

We check in each Thurs with our results. In case you're interested, here the latest thread. https://www.msworld.org/forum/showth...k-In-12-5-2019
      1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
      Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Good for you!
        He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
        Anonymous

Comment

Just hope I will keep it up

Carlyle,

Glad that you began to cycle! It's great cardio and meditative. Also increases discipline... do it when you really don't want to... 5 minutes, after a time you will look forward to it, you will move from 5 to 10 minutes but over time.

As KoKo & Shesa offered; join the exercise group. If nothing else it can serve as a small guilt trip... Some really go at it, some have good weeks, some not so good. Our routines are commensurate to our abilities.

Simple encouragement.

Jer

Comment

Congrats. I ride a spin bike inside a few times a week and it's wonderful. All the best to every one of us.

Comment

Carlyle - that is great! Hopefully, you can keep it up. It's a great accomplishment. Sometimes the hardest part is that first step, or ride in this case!
              Kathy
              DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Carlyle- the hardest part is getting started and you’ve accomplished that. Keep it going and join us on the exercise check in mentioned above. Some do a little, some do a lot, we all do what we can.
                The future depends on what you do today.- Gandhi

Comment

Good for you! Riding a recumbent bike is one of the exercises I do sometimes too. I haven't for awhile because I've been focusing more on yoga and strength training, but I'd like to add some back in.

Keep us posted! We'd love to encourage you. I find it helpful to keep myself motivated when I hold myself accountable to report to others.

You'd be perfect for our exercise group. Your goal can be to ride your recumbent bike for 6 minutes. You can choose how many days per week you want to do it. 2 or 3 might be a good start, unless you feel up to more.

If you don't feel like trying us out for a week or two (or forever), please keep posting your successes (or struggles) here.
                  ~ Faith
                  MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
                  (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
                  - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
                  - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
                  - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Working...
                  X