Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Next OCREVUS infusion delayed - anyone else encountered this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Next OCREVUS infusion delayed - anyone else encountered this?

I had my first OCREVUS infusion in May 2019 and was scheduled for my second infusion next week.

Dr ordered lab tests for 'LYMPHOCYTE SUBSET PANEL 2':
    - before my first infusion
    - at 3-months after
    - at 6-months after in-prep for my second infusion

Doctor's office called and message was after reviewing my recent 6-month results he would like to delay my second infusion 8 weeks.

I was wondering if anyone else has encountered this?

I do plan to contact the office to ask but thought I'd ask here.

I'm on rituximab, but the dosing schedules are often similar. Some neurologists like to run lymphocyte tests to determine if any B-cell repopulation has occurred.

For some people that happens at 3 months and others doesn't happen in 12 months. Some neurologists use repopulation tests to set custom infusion schedules on a per patient basis.

The big difference is rituximab is used off-label so there is no FDA-approved dosing schedule like there is to Ocrelizumab.

I'm curious as to what your neurologist gives as a reason.

Comment

Talked to my doctor's office about the delay, my lab results show based on re-population it's still working and the doctor says it's ok to wait another 8 wks.

My next infusion is now set for Feb 4th.

Comment

Thanks for letting us know. My next one was scheduled for Dec 23rd. I asked if I could just wait till after Christmas so now it’s on the 30th. It’s good you have a doctor watching close. I never hear anything from mine. Feel like I’m just part of an assembly line. Hopefully with no recalls.
        It was one agains't 2.5million toughest one we ever fought.

Comment

My Second Ocrevus Treatment

My doctor reviewed my January lab test and gave the ok for the second infusion.
          Just had my second Ocrevus treatment this week. My first treatment was May 2019.
          No issues during the treatment, and no issues so far.
          Biggest difference was I changed my medical insurance this year and they approved an in-home infusion.
          I am PPMS and the goal is to slow down my disability progression.

Comment

Originally posted by pb909 View Post
            My doctor reviewed my January lab test and gave the ok for the second infusion.
            Just had my second Ocrevus treatment this week. My first treatment was May 2019.
            No issues during the treatment, and no issues so far.
            Biggest difference was I changed my medical insurance this year and they approved an in-home infusion.
            I am PPMS and the goal is to slow down my disability progression.
            Hi Pb909
            Very interesting that you got approved for in-home infusion
            I thought Ocrevus has to be administer in medical infusion center

I love to receive the infusion at home if possible

Would you please elaborate more if you recurved the infusion

Comment

Originally posted by brave View Post
              Hi Pb909
              Very interesting that you got approved for in-home infusion
              I thought Ocrevus has to be administer in medical infusion center

I love to receive the infusion at home if possible

Would you please elaborate more if you recurved the infusion

I received the infusion in-home in early February. So maybe things have changed?
              I was surprised when my dr. approved that treatment and told me my new HMO plan allowed in-home (other option was to go to one of their pre-approved infusion centers).
              They sent all required drugs and equipment, including an EpiPen, to my house and then a nurse came to administer - it was just like my previous treatment at a 'center'.

Comment

Wow, in-home infusion. That's wonderful.
                God Bless Us All

Comment

Originally posted by pb909 View Post
                  I received the infusion in-home in early February. So maybe things have changed?
                  I was surprised when my dr. approved that treatment and told me my new HMO plan allowed in-home (other option was to go to one of their pre-approved infusion centers).
                  They sent all required drugs and equipment, including an EpiPen, to my house and then a nurse came to administer - it was just like my previous treatment at a 'center'.
                  That’s very good and convenient for you , I hope you can continue receiving it in the same fashion

Comment

Working...
                  X