• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exercise Check In 12/5/2019

6 checked in this last week.

2 met goals.
    4 made partial goals.

Wat to go, all! It's nice to see that we are all still moving. I believe that our efforts will help to delay our MS progression.

For new Exercisers:
    Feel free to join us. You set your own goals. You can keep the same goals week-to-week, or modify them. You decide if you accomplished them. Check in once a week to let us know how you did last week, and to set goals for the following week.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Met partial goals again

I'm not making a detailed report again. Here's my summary.

But I averaged 1,692 steps per day (less than my goal of 2,000).
    And I continued to exercise (Strong Seniors, Chair Yoga, PT exercises). 4x this week.
    ~ Faith
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.

- Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Partial goal here too. With 2 Thanksgiving dinners (went to friends and then family here), I didn't get a chance to get all my PT routines in. Even missed my yoga class.

Did manage babysitting,long walks in the grocery stores, and some house cleaning.

Hope you are managing the best you can!
      1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
      Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Originally posted by Seasha View Post
        Partial goal here too. With 2 Thanksgiving dinners (went to friends and then family here), I didn't get a chance to get all my PT routines in. Even missed my yoga class.
        Yeah; holiday weeks can be like that.
        At least I ate carefully and healthfully.
        ~ Faith
        (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

Hello everyone. Holidays bring extra workload which leaves leed free time for exercising. Good job mamabug and seasha fitting in what you can.

I haven't made goals for the past two weeks....Thanksgiving week was wash, I did get a few active minutes in but not nearly enough and only one night of bjj.

Most recent week I only got 1 of 2 jiu jitsu sessions in. 1 of 3 runs (4 miles) and 1 of 3 weight training sessions in. My schedule has changed slightly so I need to make some adjustments and may need to modify my goals.

Keep it going.
          The future depends on what you do today.- Gandhi

Comment

Goals Accomplished

Hi everybody

Accomplished my exercise goals, and have been doing well. I did take my rest days, so no extra credit this time.

The 'prime time' for the majority of my workout is in the morning, after coffee. This is when I have the best physical energy, and also before other distractions have the chance to interrupt.

I've added some lower back exercises, which I'm able to do in my chair when totally reclined in flat position. They are supposed to help with lower back and core strength, and stability. They are also not too difficult for me to do.

Daily: Up on feet and light activity 5X a day @ 30 min each + Stretches throughout the day

5X a Week: Walk with rollator 5X during the week @ 30 min each time + In-chair ab crunches (20 each time) + Leg and Lower Back Exercises

Good energy and perseverance to all.
            PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
            ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

The day is definitely won in the morning. Good job Koko.
              The future depends on what you do today.- Gandhi

Comment

Originally posted by Boudreaux View Post
                The day is definitely won in the morning. Good job Koko.
                Thank you Boudreaux.

Hope your workload lightens so you can have some free time for exercise.

In any case, if you're actively moving your body doing other tasks, it is a form of exercise.

And 'moving it' is the bottom line.
                ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Just a note to say that I enjoyed a combination of Christmas festivities and exercise this past week.

After a week of exercise (mostly successful), Friday, my trainer held her annual Silver "Stilettos" Christmas party at a local vineyard. Her private clients are also invited. A good time was had by all. Some nice covered dishes, Xmas cookies, music! and bit of Chardonnay didn't hurt.

So a nice dividend to end the first week of Advent!

Congratulations to all for giving their best efforts this week!

Comment

Originally posted by 502E79 View Post
                    Just a note to say that I enjoyed a combination of Christmas festivities and exercise this past week.

After a week of exercise (mostly successful), Friday, my trainer held her annual Silver "Stilettos" Christmas party at a local vineyard. Her private clients are also invited. A good time was had by all. Some nice covered dishes, Xmas cookies, music! and bit of Chardonnay didn't hurt.

So a nice dividend to end the first week of Advent!

Congratulations to all for giving their best efforts this week!
                    Hi Jer!

Sounds like a splendid week!

Glad you were able to 'live it up' a little!

Comment

Working...
                    X