• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feeling extreme sweat , burning skin and hot flash

Hi
    I was diagnosed with PPMS 21 years ago
    Since few months a go I have been feeling very strange and uncomfortable
    As soon as I wake up in the morning gradually start experiencing hot flash, burning skin and worst is feel sweat all over my body (mostly feeling sweat in lower part of my body)

Strange that is just sensation of sweat , I feel my pant is wet from sweat but not true

End of the day feel cold sweat !!!

It’s really annoying and impacts my mood and mobility
    I discussed it with my neurologist he tells me burning skin is common in MS but he has no explanation for other symptoms

Has anybody experienced these symptoms?
    are you taking any medication or aware of any remedies that might help

I’m really puzzled and badly impacted by these symptoms

‏إany lead would be highly appreciated

Hi brave-

Your symptoms sound really annoying! If you are a female within a certain age, I would look to menopause as the culprit for hot flashes and sweating. This is very common!

As to the cold sweating, I have no suggestion, but you may want to address all these issues with your pcp (especially if you are not a female). It could be, or not, an underlying condition that might be looked into.

Some medication might also be the cause of your symptoms. And yes, the burning sensation is definitely an MS symptom.

Hope you can find some answers and solutions to your problems.
    Take good care.
    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Hi Brave,

Sorry you are experiencing these symptoms. Unfortunately, not much help.

For me, sweating is actual sweating and hormonal, with some food triggers.

Did experience a period where my one foot would feel wet, but never was. It just went away on its own after a few months.

As for the burning, upper back and shoulders for me. I had it with a relapse once. Now, fatigue related. It is a tell tale symptom that I have been pushing too hard.

Hope these disappear for you.
      Kathy
      DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Hello brave ~

I experience the feeling of wetness on my legs occasionally, and they're totally dry!

It's never associated with feeling sweaty, though.

I don't have hot flushing, except from eating spicy hot foods.

Rarely, I will get a burning sensation on feet or legs.

As Seasha mentioned, your PCP may be able to help figure out if the cause of some symptoms may be due to something else, other than MS.

Take Care
        PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
        ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Thank you very much to all of you for sharing your experiences

Yes I am female and have been in menopause for seven years

Haven’t had any menopause related symptoms till now

I talked to my PCP he also said ”could be MS” prescribed gabapentin for me but taking gabapentin Makes me drowsy next day
          Regardless I took it for a week didn’t see any difference in my symptoms

Unfortunately I do not have right sensation in my palm so can not judge if I really sweat or not but have asked others to check my clothing , they find my clothing fine , not sweaty

Comment

I have hot flushes mostly at night and when I first get up in the AM. I thought it was menopause but this has lasted for over 10 years and the night sweats are getting worse. I was dx 7 years ago. I do take medicine for high blood pressure but believe the night sweats and hot flushes are caused by MS.

I stopped my DMD 2 years ago and have been doing better since then. I have not seen my neurologist since then either.

Comment

Originally posted by loopey View Post
              I have hot flushes mostly at night and when I first get up in the AM. I thought it was menopause but this has lasted for over 10 years and the night sweats are getting worse. I was dx 7 years ago. I do take medicine for high blood pressure but believe the night sweats and hot flushes are caused by MS.

I stopped my DMD 2 years ago and have been doing better since then. I have not seen my neurologist since then either.
              Thanks Loopy , I think I’m getting there to stop DMD , I have to suffer from side efffects additive to my symptoms

Comment

Working...
              X