Weird foot issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weird foot issue

This has happened a few times, but, yesterday, it happened all day long. I'm having intermmitent, excruciating pain on the top of my right foot from my second toe to my ankle. I could not put weight on it. I couldn't point my toe or move my toes. I just kept it elevated all day. Today, it's a little sore, but otherwise okay. It was definitely some type of nerve pain. Has anyone else had this happen?

And Happy Thanksgiving to Everyone

Hi kittysmith.

I would suggest seeing a Podiatrist about your foot pain. Although it's possible to be due to your MS (spasticity, nerve damage) it's also possible it's due to something unrelated to this disease.

I do have foot problems and it has certainly affected my mobility. Some of the issues are due to MS and some of them are not. I actually need foot reconstruction surgery on my foot, but am not a candidate due to MS (per 2 Podiatrists).

Take care.
    Diagnosed 1984
    “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

podiatrist

Sometimes, I do want it to be MS related so I only have to go to one doctor. Lol.

Comment

I agree. I'd see a podiatrist.

Even when our symptoms are MS related, appropriate symptom management is sometimes best managed by a doc who specializes in the problem.
        ~ Faith
        MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
        (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
        - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
        - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
        - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Yes, I concur see a podiatrist. It may turn out that you have something else going on that is made worse by MS. I am in an ankle cast now for a contracted achilles tendon and my podiatrist will not operate because I also have foot drop from MS and plantar fasciitis from flat feet. Hopefully you get a good podiatrist that can figure out what is going on and what to do to help you out.

Comment

Heard back from my doctor

Surprisingly, my MS doc thinks it might be MS related. I am also having trouble guiding my right leg into a pair of pants. Leg is weak. I have to guide it into the pant leg. He may want me to see a podiatrist. I'll let you know how it goes.

Comment

Working...
            X