Ashwagandha

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ashwagandha

Does anyone have any experience with Ashwagandha? Thanks.
    Don't be afraid of the waves- Focus on the MASTER walking on the water - you won't even SEE the waves

Twenty Mile - I was going to give it a try at one point years ago when I was on a DMT, but my doctor advised against it as one of its properties boosts one's immune system... (also echinacea) So I was told to avoid.

Here is something I found online from tghe MS Foundation:

Ashwagandha: Ayurveda is a healing system composed of many different practices. Generally, these practices have a low risk and moderate cost. Some practices, such as massage, meditation, and yoga, have low risk and have been suggested to have beneficial effects for MS-associated symptoms, including fatigue, spasticity, anxiety, depression, and pain. Other components of Ayurveda carry a much greater risk. The use of specific supplements has the potential to cause serious side effects, including worsening of MS. These supplements have not been fully studied in MS or any other medical condition. Ashwagandha, the herbal supplement sometimes recommended by Ayurvedic practitioners specifically for treating MS, could theoretically worsen the disease. It may also decrease the therapeutic effects of certain medications, increase the side effects of other medications, and increase MS fatigue.

https://www.msfocusmagazine.org/Maga...8-CAM-Cautions

It's probably best to discuss with your Doctor.
    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Working...
    X