Scheduled for a Brain MRI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gargantua View Post
    MRIs are very expensive. It's not easy to get them approved by insurance, especially without a diagnosis.

Please take heart - your neurologist might have anatomical reasons, related to your specific symptoms, for just doing a brain MRI. The last thing you need is to feel like you're not getting good treatment when you're finally getting a needed MRI.
    For sure. I don't get the impression he believes my foot pain are related to any neurologic reason either, but we'll see.

Comment

Originally posted by uazip0510 View Post
      For sure. I don't get the impression he believes my foot pain are related to any neurologic reason either, but we'll see.
      Hoping you find out something useful!
      All the best, ~G

Comment

Originally posted by gargantua View Post
        Hoping you find out something useful!
        Thank you!

Comment

Had my brain MRI - that wasn't fun...made it through though.

One question, as I wait - I experienced mild symptoms in 2012 and again in 2016 before this all started again recently - I know nobody can diagnose me, but IF this is MS would that timeline suggest RRMS moreso than the other types?

Comment

Originally posted by uazip0510 View Post
            Had my brain MRI - that wasn't fun...made it through though.

One question, as I wait - I experienced mild symptoms in 2012 and again in 2016 before this all started again recently - I know nobody can diagnose me, but IF this is MS would that timeline suggest RRMS moreso than the other types?
            Did you discuss the results of your MRI with doctor yet? How are you doing?

As for your question, the majority of people start out as RRMS. My understanding is it is only with time, disease activity, and monitoring can a further determination be made.
            Kathy
            DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Working...
            X