Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's two weeks until Thanksgiving :-) ... What are you grateful for?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KoKo View Post

Seasha ~ Your post triggered my gratitude for all of the hardworking farmers who provide us with a vast array of food choices. Blessings to all farmers!
    Amen to that, KoKo. And to all the food workers across the spectrum!
    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Originally posted by KoKo View Post
      Seasha ~ Your post triggered my gratitude for all of the hardworking farmers who provide us with a vast array of food choices. Blessings to all farmers!
      Gratitude and blessings for fishermen/fisherwomen too! (oceanpride)
      PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
      ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Thankful for:

We have lost so many family members, yet, I'm thankful for all the wonderful memories I have with my loved ones. My brother and I were just reminisceing about the Christmas parade we had in our hometown every Thanksgiving. Our dad was a band director who had to spend most of the day getting ready for the parade with his junior high band. Then, we'd go to our grandparent's for dinner. Thankful for the family I still have.

Comment

Grateful for my DH, who has taken on the role as my caregiver now too.

Grateful for his job and providing for me and our family. For his health insurance.

Grateful he is both able and willing to take me different places. Grateful for our family outing yesterday.

Grateful my son is home for Thanksgiving (he's in grad school and lives in another state). Grateful my family is home together this week.

Grateful for the scholarships he's received and job opportunity he has already been given upon his graduation.

Originally posted by kittysmith View Post
          Our dad was a band director who had to spend most of the day getting ready for the parade with his junior high band.
          Grateful for people like your dad, Kitty. For the musical talents they've shared with my daughter, and love of music. Grateful for all the music she's shared with us over the years.

Grateful for my electric wheelchair and baclofen pump. Even simple things like my reacher. I even have a reacher to pick up my reacher when I drop it on the floor!

Grateful for my good days.

Grateful for the joy my furball brings, even on my worst days. Thankful we aren't allergic to her like most cats.

Grateful for friends and family.

Grateful for my faith. Prayers answered.

Grateful for our Thanksgiving plans today with family, and that someone else is doing the cooking.

Grateful for this thread, to remind me I have much to thankful for despite my challenges.
          Last edited by Seasha; 11-28-2019, 02:18 PM.
          Kimba

“When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.” ― Max Planck

Comment

Hi Kimba

You're able to recognize 2 weeks worth of gratitudes in one day!

Very inspiring! Thank you!

Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
            PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
            ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Jer

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

If you'd like to continue to express gratitudes, please consider posting in our Gratitude Journal, a Sticky in The Wellness Forum. And, it's really appropriate to keep posting on this thread all weekend!

https://www.msworld.org/forum/showth...itudes-journal
                Last edited by Mamabug; 11-28-2019, 02:46 PM.
                ~ Faith
                MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
                (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
                - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
                - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
                - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

https://wakeupyourmind.net/life/its-...an-to-be-rich/

I just read this link. It makes the following points about gratitude:
                  1. You don't need more than what you have.
                  2. Be present in order to be grateful.
                  3. Gratitude is the highest praise.
                  4. The more grateful you are, the more you attract good things.
                  5. Being grateful makes you happy.
                  6. Gratitude forces you to forgive.

I am incredibly grateful.
                  - We celebrated Thanksgiving on Wednesday evening with hubby's family. Ate at a restaurant; nobody had to cook.
                  - We had purchased a turkey since it was the season, with no definite plans about when we'd cook it. Hubby decided to cook it in Thursday; I started some healthy side dishes (mashed sweet potatoes, roasted vegetables) and son finished them. So the 3 of us had a good Thanksgiving; we now have lots of leftover turkey and a large jar of bone broth in the fridge.
                  - Hubby was on call on Friday, but had no calls. Son has a 4-day weekend. We've had lots of relaxing, lazy time together this weekend.
                  ~ Faith
                  MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
                  (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
                  - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
                  - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
                  - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Working...
                  X