Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's two weeks until Thanksgiving :-) ... What are you grateful for?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Today I'm grateful for the fact that not only could I get downstairs to do TWO loads of laundry, but I also made two trips UPstairs! While I was working, that was unheard of. I also managed to sweep the floor (which I couldn't do for several months) and wrap several Christmas presents.

Comment

Originally posted by NoraS View Post
      Today I'm grateful for the fact that not only could I get downstairs to do TWO loads of laundry, but I also made two trips UPstairs! While I was working, that was unheard of. I also managed to sweep the floor (which I couldn't do for several months) and wrap several Christmas presents.
      It feels good to be able to accomplish tasks that are, or used to be, a challenge.
      ~ Faith
      MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
      (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
      - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
      - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
      - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Today, I am grateful that I have nothing on my calendar.
        I'm grateful that I've been able to keep up with some busy days and busy weeks.
        I'm grateful that, today, although I have a To-do list, I'll be able to choose whether I get around to it or not.
        ~ Faith
        (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
        - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.

- Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Today, I think about some of the physical abilities that I often take for granted, and feel especially thankful for:

the ability to see, hear, speak, taste, and think.

Take Care
          PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
          ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Today I'm grateful for the wonders of Music .

It can soothe my soul, boost my mood, give me energy, and can stir me to feel sentimental.

Music can awaken my old memories.

Music can also bring about peace and calm in my spirit.
            ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Originally posted by KoKo View Post
              Today I'm grateful for the wonders of Music .

It can soothe my soul, boost my mood, give me energy, and can stir me to feel sentimental.

Music can awaken my old memories.

Music can also bring about peace and calm in my spirit.
              Oh my; yes!
              ~ Faith
              (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

Originally posted by KoKo View Post
                Today I'm grateful for the wonders of Music

Thanks KoKo!... for reminding me also. I spend a LOT of each day with Classical, nights with Jazz. Sometimes even old R&R classics.

So much so that I was surprised that I didn't think to be grateful to be able to hear and state my appreciation!

Comment

Kindness of strangers

Thankful for the countless acts and expressions of pure kindness, shown to me by total strangers, which always lift my spirit at just the right moment.

Comment

I'm thankful for my housekeeper. He comes once every other week. We get along well, he works quickly and does a thorough job. But he also takes time to visit.

He's got a flexible schedule. Actually, we're flexible with each other. So if either of us needs to reschedule, it works well.

He's trustworthy. In the past, when we had a pet, he took care of it sometimes when we were on vacation. And brought in our mail.

I'm grateful that we can afford to splurge on a housekeeper and that my husband is willing for us to spend the money.

And, today, I'm grateful for a clean house.
                    ~ Faith
                    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

I'm grateful for grown children!

We held our family Thanksgiving dinner yesterday. My daughter and her roommate worked 10 hours Sunday night, then left there immediately for the 2-hour drive to get here. They took the dog outside to play, helped finish preparing the meal, and then handled the cleanup.

We discovered in late afternoon that my mother had lost a diamond earring somewhere between the house and a memorial nook we have at the edge of our woods. i had the brilliant idea to go looking for it. My very-tired daughter came after me to provide much-needed help getting back to the house.

After the girls left, my son ran some errands for me and made sure that I'd be okay alone at the end of a long day.

And I have to agree with the others about music. Holidays are bittersweet to me, because they were always spent with my grandparents. Grandpa died without ever writing down his stuffing recipe, and it's taken years for us to learn how to successfully recreate it.

I've discovered that my best holiday meals occur when I play his favorite music (bluegrass and the HeeHaw Gospel Quartet) while I cook. i think his secret ingredient must've been a lot of love with a handful of tears.

Comment

Better than usual days

Today I'm thankful for my 'better than usual' days.

I love when that happens!

Take Care

Comment

I'm thankful for the many responses to this thread. Your heartwarming posts have touched my heart ❤️ .
                          ~ Faith
                          (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

I'm thankful to Mamabug for this thread and all the replies.

Koko I'm glad you had a good day yesterday.

Nora it's sounds like you had a nice early thanksgiving with your family. I'm just wondering did you find the hearing.

Comment

Gratitude for the sunshine, the winds, the rains and the soil for keeping my garden alive and well; for the harvesting of good food that keeps my family healthy. Gratitude that I have still have strength and perseverance to garden!

Good wishes to all
                              1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
                              Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Originally posted by Leenyi View Post
                                Koko I'm glad you had a good day yesterday.
                                Thank you Leenyi! Hope you have an abundance of good days.

Originally posted by Seasha View Post
                                Gratitude for the sunshine, the winds, the rains and the soil for keeping my garden alive and well; for the harvesting of good food that keeps my family healthy.
                                Seasha ~ Your post triggered my gratitude for all of the hardworking farmers who provide us with a vast array of food choices. Blessings to all farmers!

Comment

Working...
                                X