Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's two weeks until Thanksgiving :-) ... What are you grateful for?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For my children, their spouses and grandchildren and their unconditional love!
    For all of you here on MSWorld
    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Today I'm grateful for my hair stylist, who has a mobile haircare home service (to serve those with disabilities and the elderly), and who came today to cut my hair.

Special appreciation and gratitude for all those who choose to serve the needs/wants of persons with disabilities.
      PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
      ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Originally posted by KoKo View Post
        Today I'm grateful for my hair stylist, who has a mobile haircare home service (to serve those with disabilities and the elderly), and who came today to cut my hair.

Special appreciation and gratitude for all those who choose to serve the needs/wants of persons with disabilities.
        What an awesome idea!
        ~ Faith
        MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
        (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
        - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
        - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
        - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

11-19

Today I am grateful for good fellowship and good food. We had a meal together with a group of friends.
          Last edited by Mamabug; 11-20-2019, 11:41 PM.
          ~ Faith
          (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
          - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.

- Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

A mobile home care home service, I can only hope.
            God Bless Us All

Comment

A son who's been coming over at random intervals just to cook me a meal and a year-old puppy who's learning to recognize my bad days and turns his maniacal leaps into gentle and affectionate snuggles!

Comment

Today I'm grateful for the friends who call to ask how I'm doing, and ask if I need anything.
                ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

So grateful for my physical therapist, who is the best that I've ever had. So, too, my Dr. who will allow indefinite amount of visits for however long I need.
                  1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
                  Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Our chronic illness affords us an insight others cannot fully grasp.

The illness acts as a lens, allows sharper focus of life. I like to believe the focus goes past the inconsequential, direct to the that which deserves more attention.

Augustine said that we should love more that which deserves more love.

Most of the thread responses could have been written by anyone in anticipation of Thanksgiving.

ALL our responses are from an unfettered heart. I'm thinking we're special.

Comment

11-20

I'm grateful for good neighbors. Laura came over today to drop off a pkg that was mistakenly delivered to their house. I invited her in and we visited for 30 minutes. We've been neighbors for 16 years.

Ben and Elizabeth, on the other side, have only lived there for about a year. We've gotten to know them well. I invite her and her toddlers over when I need a "kid fix".
                      ~ Faith
                      (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

Today, on (11-21), I am very grateful for the gift of 33 years of sobriety, one day at a time.

Comment

Some amazing gratitudes here! Truly blessed.

I am grateful to have graduated PT, a healed knee, and therapists I can count on. Truly great people. I am sure I will see them again, but nice to be dismissed.

Thankful for our house, as messy as it is right now.😬

Grateful for family, even during trying times. It can pull a family apart or make it closer. Thankfully, closer is the route being taken.

Thankful for my husband, always there for me, even when he doesn't understand.

Thankful for a great charity our church runs to help individuals/families in surrounding areas. Food pantry, HomeGoods, and gently used clothing. I am a novice volunteer, but in awe of what they have built.

Grateul for people here, who always get it.
                          Kathy
                          DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Let's see...

The tree guys, once again. The temps were warmer and there was sun this week, so more work accomplished. Await dropping secondary power lines so final trees can be downed without creating a neighborhood outage.

My trainer. She keeps trying. If not plan A, plan B etc. etc. Anyone that puts up with me deserves sainthood. She's off next week so it's all on me.... prayers everyone, TY!

A seamstress who I knew a while but have gotten to know a bit better. She is going to assemble my orthotic gizmo (drop foot) when I have all the pieces. She appears to be yet another gift in my life.

Lastly, patience. Somehow I've got to say my patience is getting better. Don't think I would have been seeing all the gratitudes necessary to acknowledge if I was the "old me."

Comment

I am grateful for this life I have been given, for the beauty that surrounds me, all of the animals (cats and dogs) that have come into my life and my family and friends.
                              Diagnosed 1984
                              “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Today I reflect on how my basic needs are always taken care of.

I'm thankful for food and water, hygiene products, shelter, clothing, electricity for heat, phone, computer, enough money to pay the bills, and family and friends.

Comment

Working...
                                X