Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's two weeks until Thanksgiving :-) ... What are you grateful for?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's two weeks until Thanksgiving :-) ... What are you grateful for?

What are you grateful for?

Consider posting your "gratitudes" daily for two weeks. I'll try, too. My life has so many blessings, it shouldn't be hard to think of them. It's just a matter of disciplining myself to remember them and post them.

It always makes me feel good to read about what others are grateful for.

We already have a gratitude thread in The Wellness Forum, but for these two weeks, let's just post them here.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

11/14 -- phone call

Yesterday evening, I had a long phone call with my sister (over an hour). We talked about all kinds of things; a catch-up was long over-due.
    ~ Faith
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.

- Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

My Mother

I'm thankful that my Mom is alive, living independently and doing quite well despite having several Autoimmune diseases. I call her at least once a day to chat and I try never to take those conversations for granted. We visit twice a year or so even though she is in Canada and I am in California. I realize so many of my friends no longer have parent still with them.

Comment

My 2 yr old grandson had hernia surgery on Wednesday. He's home and doing fine. I'm thankful for that!

I'm thankful for my other three healthy grandkids who live nearby!

And I'm thankful for msworld, and the wonderful hard-working moderators and all the people that post!

Comment

Extremely grateful for my younger sister, who is my care helper.
          PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
          ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

11/15 - Good buffet

Went out for supper with hubby and son last night. We had a nice visit, and I was able to find lots of GF and DF foods on the buffet.
            ~ Faith
            (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

I am grateful for my husband, my rock, who is taking on more responsibilities towards cleanup in the kitchen. He used to just leave it all to me.
              1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
              Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

I am grateful for God's Love, I am grateful for my family's Love
                and even though I have to endure so much I am truly BLESSED.

Thank you Jesus.
                God Bless Us All

Comment

11-16

Originally posted by Mamabug View Post
                  Consider posting your "gratitudes" daily for two weeks.
                  Today, I'm especially grateful for my older sister, who frequently brings healthy, home cooked meals over for me to enjoy!
                  ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

11-16

Had a good visit with chiropractor yesterday. He fixed a hip alignment problem that was creating symptoms for me.
                    ~ Faith
                    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

I am thankful for my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. I cannot imagine living life that wasn't faith-based.

I am thankful for having a wife that loves me unconditionally and is always on my side.

I am thankful for friends and family members, including fur babies, that add much love to my life.

Comment

Originally posted by Marco View Post
                        I am thankful for my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. I cannot imagine living life that wasn't faith-based.....I am thankful for friends ....that add much love to my life.

Total agreement. Thanks Marco.

And even living decades away from His church, was forgiven!

For so long I thought I knew everything, finally know that I know nothing at all.

This is a blessing... to be forever grateful.

Comment

11-17

Today I reflect on how fortunate and grateful I feel for having the ability to stand up and walk (with rollator).

Not far, not fast, not easy, and definitely not graceful - but so very thankful for what it is.

Take Care

Comment

My job, the good health I have been blessed with despite MS and my friends/family.
                            Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
                            He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
                            Anonymous

Comment

11-18

I am thankful for friends and family.
                              I attended a drama at the high school with a friend yesterday. (She doesn't drive.)

My husband was willing to drive and pick us up. The walk, even from a handicapped spot, in combination with the walk from the front door to the auditorium, is too far for me. So he dropped us off at the front door.
                              Last edited by Mamabug; 11-20-2019, 11:41 PM.
                              ~ Faith
                              (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

Working...
                              X