• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exercise Check In 11/14/2019

5 checked in this last week.

3 met goals.
    2 made partial goals.

Some of you exceeded your goals, it looks like. All of us did something. That's my goal -- that this thread encourages us to keep moving!

For new Exercisers:
    Feel free to join us. You set your own goals. You can keep the same goals week-to-week, or modify them. You decide if you accomplished them. Check in once a week to let us know how you did last week, and to set goals for the following week.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Met Partial goals

Thurs - 2008 steps; Strong Seniors
    Fri - 1710 steps; Chair Yoga
    Sat - 1829 steps; PT
    Sun - 1893 steps;
    Mon - 2255 steps; Chair Yoga
    Tues - 1960 steps; Strong Seniors
    Wed - 1619 steps; Chair Yoga

Total steps = 13,316 steps. Average: 1902 steps per day
    Total exercise = 6x
    - I feel OK about my week again. I more than met the number of times that I exercised this week. And I came really close to my steps goal.
    - I also feel good about the chair yoga class I've been going to for a few months. It's at Grand Central Senior Center; although they call it Chair Yoga on their calendar, we use a video that actually calls it Chair Yoga / Standing Yoga because we do some of both. I think both my endurance for standing has increased slightly, as well as my balance.

Goals:
    1. Average of 2,000 steps per day.
    2. Exercise at least 4 times out of 7 days. Silver Sneakers, recumbent bike at Wellness Center or Senior Center (chair yoga and strong seniors), PT, YouTube chair exercises or something else.
    3. Include some strength training on some of my exercise days (could be PT).
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Good job on the partials Mamabug.

I also made partial goals.
      2 nights of Jiu Jitsu......done
      3 3 mile runs.......done
      3 weight training sessions....only made 1.

I’ll keep the same goals for next week. Keep it going.
      The future depends on what you do today.- Gandhi

Comment

Made Goals

Hi everyone

Nice work Mamabug and Boudreaux!

Exercises went well for me this week, and I was fortunate to accomplish my goals. The leg exercises were easier than usual on some days, which lets me know that consistency and repetition can make a difference with producing results.

Same goals for next week.

Daily: Up on feet and light activity 5X a day @ 30 min each + Stretches throughout the day

5X a Week: Walk with rollator 5X during the week @ 30 min each time + In-chair ab crunches 2X a day @ 10 crunches each time + Leg exercises

Good energy, perseverance, and strength to all.
        PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
        ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Good job Koko.
          The future depends on what you do today.- Gandhi

Comment

Hi Everyone!

Glad all were pretty happy with their efforts this week.

Me too, although the week was laid out differently than normal. Mon, Tus, Wed, contained most of my exercise this week. Usually have a day break somewhere in the week.

Heavy leg work on Monday followed by additional band work (leg) on Tus. in pool really stressed my bad leg. Well it's either that or leg (walking) itself is getting worse. It's been a lot colder so maybe that played a part....?

Doesn't matter really since we all take what we get and hopefully learn from it. Feeling a bit better this morning... leg wise.

All my other routines (stretching and cardio) continue!

Comment

Originally posted by 502E79 View Post
              Heavy leg work on Monday followed by additional band work (leg) on Tus. in pool really stressed my bad leg. Well it's either that or leg (walking) itself is getting worse. It's been a lot colder so maybe that played a part....?
              I'm thinking that the intense leg work might be the cause of your stressed out leg.

From my experience, when I go past my 'invisible' limit line, my muscles let me know.

On the other hand, when increasing any exercise, some discomfort is to be expected. For me, the increases need to be very gradual, or else it affects my ability to function at full capacity.

In any case Jer, great job with your routines!

Hopefully, a few days of R & R for your leg will help a lot.
              ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Great workouts everyone!

I met my goal:

Babysat twice
                Cleaning more of flower beds. Got it all done for winter!
                Grocery shopping walk.

PT exercises every other day. I'm happy to report some major improvements. No more sciatic nerve pain, nor back pain and legs feel a little bit stronger. I found out last visit that my Dr prescribed an indefinite amount of visits! Usually in the past, it's capped at 12 visits, so I'm so happy about this!

He is now working with me on my balance problems
                1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
                Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Originally posted by Seasha View Post

I met my goal:

Babysat twice
                  Cleaning more of flower beds. Got it all done for winter!
                  Grocery shopping walk.

PT exercises every other day. I'm happy to report some major improvements. No more sciatic nerve pain, nor back pain and legs feel a little bit stronger. I found out last visit that my Dr prescribed an indefinite amount of visits! Usually in the past, it's capped at 12 visits, so I'm so happy about this!

He is now working with me on my balance problems
                  Seasha ~ You have a terrific exercise program going on!

So glad for you that you are realizing some improvements.

Comment

Working...
                  X