Our CEO, Alan Mandel has passed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our CEO, Alan Mandel has passed

Our beloved Alan Mandel, CEO of MSWorld just passed away. https://www.msworld.org/alan-mandel-our-warrior-king/

He was a right hand man to our founder, Kathleen for many years and helped keep MS alive and well. He was a major speaker and organizer for the many MSWorld Talks https://www.msworld.org/msworldtalks...28-pittsburgh/ His dedication to MSWorld was outstanding.

I was fortunate to have many phone conversations with him over the years. His pep talks were always welcomed. His was a kind and humble man.

Our hearts goes out to his family. He will be sorely missed. RIP dear friend
    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Originally posted by Seasha View Post
    His dedication to MSWorld was outstanding.
    He was amazing in his devotion to MSWorld and to persons with MS.

He maintained a good attitude and sense of humor, while living with the challenges of MS.

We are blessed to have had Alan in our MSWorld.

RIP Alan
    PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

I am so sorry to hear of his passing.

I was fortunate to meet Alan when we attended the 2016 Fall Patient Advocate Seminar, sponsored by Teva, in Kansas City. We conversed about family and former careers. We showed each other photos of grandchildren, etc.

His dedication to volunteering at msworld and his knowledge were impressive.

http://www.schugar.com/obituaries?id=1972
      Last edited by Mamabug; 11-09-2019, 01:53 PM.
      ~ Faith
      MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
      (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
      - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
      - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
      - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Very sad news.
        He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
        Anonymous

Comment

What a wonderful person to have shared so much of his life caring for others.

Truly, a remarkable man. Certainly, we can hear, "Well done thou good and faithful servant, enter into the joy of the Lord" being said to Alan.

My heart goes out to the family in deepest sympathy.

Comment

Such sad, heartbreaking news. I will always remember his kindness and generosity of heart. We have truly lost a wonderful person who so graciously shared his talents with us. He will most definitely be missed. My condolences to all who knew him. RIP Alan
            Kimba

“When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.” ― Max Planck

Comment

Originally posted by Mamabug View Post
              His dedication to volunteering at msworld and his knowledge were impressive.

I too am saddened by this news.

I have no knowledge of Mr. Mandel but his dedication having made such an impression on our moderation team... speaks volumes.

I will add him to my prayers this evening. My condolences to all who knew and loved him.

Comment

I also did not know him. Reading all that has been said about him I wish I'd had the pleasure of meeting him.

My Condolences to his family🌺
                God Bless Us All

Comment

Such a sad loss for MSWorld and for Kathleen. His generosity and hard work have left their mark on all who appreciate MsWorld and it's good doings.
                  Blessings,
                  Mermaid Susan
                  "Life is short, and we have but little time to gladden the hearts of those who travel with us; so let us be swift to love, and make haste to be kind."
-Henri Amiel

Comment

Such a loss....

I am so sad to hear this....praying for his family that they find peace during their time of grief.
                    Diagnosed RRMS 4/7/15, symptoms for 8 months prior. Copaxone 4/27/15

Comment

Working...
                    X