Exercise check in thread 10-31-2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exercise check in thread 10-31-2019

My last week of mostly "away". Leaving tomorrow morning for 5 day weekend in KC. Four days to celebrate 35th anniversary. Followed by Monday appointment with Dr Lynch at KU Med Center.

Keep on moving, everyone! :-)

Next week, I'll get back to posting a better summary of how we've done. If someone else wants to this week, feel free. :-) You're all so good at encouragement.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Didn't track

These past weeks, I haven't tracked exercise. Ten days with daughter and grandsons -- did less structured exercise, but likely got other exercise instead. I did do PT exercises home twice.

This week, I've been playing catch up from that and prepping for next trip. I did go to rec center once and senior center 2x to exercise. I won't do my typical planned exercise these next 5 days.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Checking in early here -
      I made my goal thanks to all the physical therapy exercises I've been given. He keeps piling them on week by week. I think it's starting to make a difference as I feel somewhat stronger, but it's been hard at times just doing them.

Even though I only babysat once, we've been blessed with good weather so I'm out cleaning up flower and shrub beds. Still lots to do.

Yoga counts too

Hope you all achieve all you set out to do!
      1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
      Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Originally posted by Mamabug View Post
        These past weeks, I haven't tracked exercise. Ten days with daughter and grandsons -- did less structured exercise, but likely got other exercise instead. I did do PT exercises home twice.

This week, I've been playing catch up from that and prepping for next trip. I did go to rec center once and senior center 2x to exercise. I won't do my typical planned exercise these next 5 days.
        Mamabug ~

I bet you've been very active and moving about much more than you realize!

Originally posted by Seasha View Post
        I made my goal thanks to all the physical therapy exercises I've been given. He keeps piling them on week by week. I think it's starting to make a difference as I feel somewhat stronger, but it's been hard at times just doing them.

Even though I only babysat once, we've been blessed with good weather so I'm out cleaning up flower and shrub beds. Still lots to do.

Yoga counts too
        Seasha ~

Great job and effort!
        PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
        ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Made Goals

Hi everyone

I had another good week and accomplished my exercise goals.

Changed the ab crunches and leg exercises from daily to 5x a week, in order to give my muscles some rest and recovery time.

Will continue the daily stretches, though, as they are a must-do if I want to be able to move around as smoothly as possible. The stretches that I do are not super intense, but effective nonetheless.

Revised Goals:

Daily: Up on feet and light activity 5X a day @ 30 min each + Stretches throughout the day

5X a Week: Walk with rollator 5X during the week @ 30 min each time + In-chair ab crunches 2X a day @ 10 crunches each time + Leg exercises

Good energy and perseverance to all.
          ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Originally posted by Seasha View Post

I often feel this way too! Including the "...think it's starting to make a difference" part.

This may be most noticeable in the day or two post exertion, at least for me. Seems to either dissipate soon after or maybe the feeling vanishes.... By that I mean that the benefits accrued doing the routines are really there but my awareness of them, my "feeling" the improvement, is impaired, impaired just enough that I sometimes wonder if I really did accomplish anything three days after the workout?

Soooo, since I'm on my way to glass half full kind of guy, I bank on the former.

Good week exercise wise. Good effort on my part and trainer too!

Best part of the week is the slow coming together of an elastic band / foot-drop wearable everyday devise. It's been a long slow birth. I wait for a piece or two before I can continue. Need to see the existing products in my hands, not the on-line picture, before I can determine what may be needed to make my hybrid. Exercise for the mind!

Good luck everyone!

Jer

Comment

Originally posted by 502E79 View Post
              Good week exercise wise. Good effort on my part and trainer too!
              Well then, Jer, a well deserved star for you and also one for your trainer!

Originally posted by 502E79 View Post
              Best part of the week is the slow coming together of an elastic band / foot-drop wearable everyday devise. It's been a long slow birth. I wait for a piece or two before I can continue. Need to see the existing products in my hands, not the on-line picture, before I can determine what may be needed to make my hybrid. Exercise for the mind!
              When your invention gets a patent, and you become a millionaire, I hope you remember us.

Comment

Originally posted by KoKo View Post
                When your invention gets a patent, and you become a millionaire, I hope you remember us.

Very cute KoKo! More to come!

Comment

Sorry I'm late to the party.

Mamabug- Hope you are having fun on your trip.
                  Seasha- Nice job making your goals...Yoga absolutely counts....anyone who says it doesn't, hasn't tried it.
                  Koko- I'm glad you made your goals and had a good exercise week.
                  Jerry- Congrats on a good week and the progress on the wearable.

I did not make my goals..

2 nights of Jiu Jitsu....none- just to much going on.
                  3- 3 mile runs.... 2 runs, 1 @2.5 miles and 1 @4 miles
                  3 weight training sessions..... 1 weight training session and one HIIT session at 14 minutes that I abandoned and took off for that 2.5 mile run noted above.

With this new Garmin fitness tracker I noted that my average step count for those 7 days was 13,168 steps.

Keep it going y'all.
                  The future depends on what you do today.- Gandhi

Comment

Nice try Boudreaux! And good step counts. Hard to keep up the momentum when other things, duties, events take precedence. ie. life happens!
                    Hope things fall into a smooth pace for next week.
                    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
                    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Originally posted by Boudreaux View Post

... 2 runs, 1 @2.5 miles and 1 @4 miles

...my average step count for those 7 days was 13,168 steps
                      You did what you could, Boudreaux.

Comment

Working...
                      X