Tingling Feeling After Night's Sleep

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tingling Feeling After Night's Sleep

Hi Folks. I was diagnosed with PPMS 10 years ago. I am generally doing ok. I have issues with my mobility, dexterity, balance, etc. but I am still walking and functioning unaided.
    In the last few months I have been waking up with a tingling feeling in my legs, hands and arms (it can be different limbs on different days). It is not painful but it can be a little uncomfortable. As soon as I get up and move around it will usually go away.
    I am presuming that the tingling is due to MS. I mentioned it to my neurologist and while he thought this was likely, he couldn't say it with any certainty.
    I realise that everyone will be different, but was wondering if these are symptoms that people can relate to? In particular the way the tingling only comes on after lying down for the night.
    I would also be interested if people would have any suggestions regarding medication or lifestyle choices that can help.
    Thanks!

Hello corkfella and Welcome!

Originally posted by corkfella View Post
    In the last few months I have been waking up with a tingling feeling in my legs, hands and arms (it can be different limbs on different days). It is not painful but it can be a little uncomfortable. As soon as I get up and move around it will usually go away.

I am presuming that the tingling is due to MS. I mentioned it to my neurologist and while he thought this was likely, he couldn't say it with any certainty.

I realise that everyone will be different, but was wondering if these are symptoms that people can relate to? In particular the way the tingling only comes on after lying down for the night.
    Are you temperature sensitive by any chance?

I ask this because I discovered that, in the morning, my body would be warmed up from being under the covers. This caused my particular symptoms of weakness and spasticity to show up upon arising, and went away after I moved around and cooled off.

I use a very light cover now, and keep cool temps in my apartment, which has helped a lot.

I would also be interested if people would have any suggestions regarding medication or lifestyle choices that can help.
    I eat nutritious foods, do stretching often, exercise within my capabilities, and practice stress reduction. I use no medications at this time.

Hope to see more of your posts, corkfella!

Take Care
    PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Thanks for the feedback KoKo. No, I wouldn't say I'm heat sensitive. The house would be fairly cool anyway and I just have light enough bed coverings.

If I wake up early it can just be a little uncomfortable lying in bed, but once I get up and move around it goes away again. I guess I just need to get the blood flowing through the body!

Comment

If I wake up early it can just be a little uncomfortable lying in bed, but once I get up and move around it goes away again. I guess I just need to get the blood flowing through the body!
        Well good that it goes away after getting up and moving.

Sometimes, there is just no rhyme or reason for when our impaired nerve signals decide to act up.

Take Care
        PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
        ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Working...
        X