Exercise check in thread 10/24/2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exercise check in thread 10/24/2019

I apologize for my frequent absences lately. Still busy with my daughter and grandsons.

Next week might not be much better; will take a five-day Kansas City weekend to celebrate 35th anniversary and will tack on my KU Med center MS appointment the following day.

Not tracking exercise these weeks. I'm glad to see you're all continuing to post. :-)
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

I only made a partial goal this past week.

Only babysat once, but continued on my PT exercises, yoga and walking lots while grocery shopping. Too much rain to get out in the garden, but this next weeks forecast calls for sunshine

Hope you all keep moving anyway you can!
    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Hi everyone

Mamabug ~ Happy Anniversary!!

Seasha ~ Terrific job with PT exercises, yoga and walking lots!

I had a good week with accomplishing my goals. I feel very thankful for my abilities.

The increased leg exercises seem to be helping.

I use a sliding, swivel seat shower chair (I sit on it outside of the tub, then swivel the seat, then slide the chair over into the tub) Lifting my legs over the side of the tub was gradually becoming more difficult.

Since doing the leg exercises for the past few weeks, lifting my legs has become much easier. I love it when exercise yields tangible results!

Will keep on with the same goals.

Daily: Up on feet and light activity 5X a day @ 30 min each + Stretches throughout the day + In-chair ab crunches 2X a day @ 10 crunches each time + Leg exercises

5X a Week: Walk with rollator 5X during the week @ 30 min each time

Good energy, perseverance, and peace of mind to all.
      PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
      ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Originally posted by KoKo View Post
        I use a sliding, swivel seat shower chair (I sit on it outside of the tub, then swivel the seat, then slide the chair over into the tub) Lifting my legs over the side of the tub was gradually becoming more difficult.

Since doing the leg exercises for the past few weeks, lifting my legs has become much easier. I love it when exercise yields tangible results!
        Wonderful, KoKo! Keep up the good work

Comment

Glad you are continuing to enjoy your company and happy anniversary Mamabug.

Good job on the partials Seasha, hopefully that sunshine next week will allow you some time in the garden.

Nice work accomplishing your goals Koko, glad your hard work is yielding results.

My goals were:
          2 Jiu Jitsu sessions.....none.
          3 3mile runs.....I got one @ 4.5 miles and one @ 3 miles.
          3 days in the gym.....only made 1.

My wife had surgery last Thursday so I've had to pitch in a little more with house hold chores and tending to the young`uns. As she heals I should be able to get more accomplished. I also got a new fitness tracker so I'll be able to keep up with things a little better. I'll keep the same goals for next week. Keep it going y'all.
          The future depends on what you do today.- Gandhi

Comment

Originally posted by Boudreaux View Post
            3 3mile runs.....I got one @ 4.5 miles and one @ 3 miles.

3 days in the gym.....only made 1.
            Nice effort with your runs and gym workout!

Originally posted by Boudreaux View Post
            My wife had surgery last Thursday so I've had to pitch in a little more with house hold chores and tending to the young`uns. As she heals I should be able to get more accomplished.
            First things first (holding down the fort)

You're doing your best, Boudreaux.

Hope your DW is healing well.
            ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Thanks Koko.

Comment

Revisions to my goals

I'm changing my ab crunches and leg exercises routine from Daily to 5X a Week.

Want to give these muscles some rest and recovery time, as sometimes they are tired and a little achy.

Revised Goals:

Daily: Up on feet and light activity 5X a day @ 30 min each + Stretches throughout the day

5X a Week: Walk with rollator 5X during the week @ 30 min each time + In-chair ab crunches 2X a day @ 10 crunches each time + Leg exercises

Comment

Hi everyone,

I'm liking the camaraderie. You are all up lifting and that in itself is the greatest of starting points.

I reviewed the equipment used in cardio room and arrived at a typical week containing:

3 to 3.5 miles on 3 different elliptical machines, all different in stride length & height of stride, resistance, ladder climbing ability.

At best .5 mile on a treadmill forward only, very slow, sadly.

I reviewed the floor equipment / free weights used in a typical week;

There are only a few pieces of equipment not used because of loss of grip or arm position causing unbelievable pain.
                  But we (trainer/me) cycle through most equipment in a month (8 to 12 sessions), often interspersed with stretching routines, some band work, or as of late; special focus on the muscle group d'jour.

Pool exercise is only once a week and at trainer's discretion, but it is thorough often stretch and balance orientated.

It was a good week but for unknown reasons, sleep, which has been better on workout days, is patchwork zzzz's...?

Jer

Oh, Mike, have you noticed that simple house chores are really killer... as in "the gym would be easier?" Hope wife is on the mend.

Comment

Originally posted by 502E79 View Post
                    I reviewed the equipment used in cardio room and arrived at a typical week containing:

3 to 3.5 miles on 3 different elliptical machines, all different in stride length & height of stride, resistance, ladder climbing ability.

I reviewed the floor equipment / free weights used in a typical week;

There are only a few pieces of equipment not used because of loss of grip or arm position causing unbelievable pain.
                    But we (trainer/me) cycle through most equipment in a month (8 to 12 sessions), often interspersed with stretching routines, some band work, or as of late; special focus on the muscle group d'jour.

Pool exercise is only once a week and at trainer's discretion, but it is thorough often stretch and balance orientated.
                    Darn good exercise routine, Jer!

It was a good week but for unknown reasons, sleep, which has been better on workout days, is patchwork zzzz's...?
                    Maybe season change? In any case, hope your sleep gets back on track.

Comment

I'm changing my ab crunches and leg exercises routine from Daily to 5X a Week.

Want to give these muscles some rest and recovery time, as sometimes they are tired and a little achy.
                      This is exactly what my PT has mentioned to me. Make sure you give yourself time to recuperate before overdoing it. Some of my exercises he only wants me to do every other day. Glad you're considering this, KoKo. Very wise!

And Jer, what a fantastic routine in the gym!
                      Try not to focus on how slowly you walked on the treadmill. Focus on what you will gain, albeit slowly.

Boudreaux Hope your wife is feeling better!

Comment

Originally posted by Seasha View Post
                        This is exactly what my PT has mentioned to me. Make sure you give yourself time to recuperate before overdoing it. Some of my exercises he only wants me to do every other day. Glad you're considering this, KoKo. Very wise!
                        Seasha thank you for the "Very wise!" compliment.

Tired and achy muscles will do that to a person.

Comment

always easier to sleep when you're worn out.

Oh, Mike, have you noticed that simple house chores are really killer... as in "the gym would be easier?" Hope wife is on the mend.
                          I agree. She up and coming, thanks.

Comment

First things first (holding down the fort)

You're doing your best, Boudreaux.

Hope your DW is healing well.
                            Shes doing fine thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Seasha View Post

Boudreaux Hope your wife is feeling better!
                              Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                              X