Anyone have a stroke?th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone have a stroke?th

I was wondering with a stroke,did it take you long you a long time to get back to where you was before?thanks

My first MS flare (2002) mimicked a stroke, so my initial dx was probable stroke. It was expected that it would take several months to recover. I was told that I may recover fully, or I may not.

Have you had a stroke, Carlyle?

Please take good care of yourself. Choose a healthy diet, consider eliminating gluten and dairy, exercise moderately and follow PT and OT recommendations, consider getting rid of toxins in your kitchen (plastics and microwave) and toxins in your personal care products.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Originally posted by Carlyle View Post
      I was wondering with a stroke,did it take you long you a long time to get back to where you was before?thanks
      Hello Carlyle ~

I've not had a stroke, thankfully.

I have known people who have had strokes.

I've seen wonderful recoveries with the stroke rehabilitation therapies that are currently being used. Much better than years past.

Take Care
      PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
      ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

My MRI's show possible tiny strokes but nothing has been identified for sure. I get a lot of weird sharp pains in my head but the dr. always says these are migraines or allergy headaches. I would not be too surprised to hear about a stroke as I get older. Scares me.
        Marti

The only cure for insomnia is to get more sleep.

Comment

The answer is yes. In 2014 it was a hot summer. I woke up in the morning and my face felt weird. I thought, ‘I feel like those old ladies who have had a stroke’, but didn’t make the connection. Then I looked in the mirror and saw the left side of my face had dropped.

When I got to ER they reacted so so fast because they could see my face. They rushed me into a CT scan. I learned that there are two different kinds of strokes. One is when there is bleeding in the brain. The other is a blocked artery. Mine was the blocked artery.

They gave me some exercises to do for my face. After about three days most of it had cleared up. If I had persisted with the exercises I might have been able to reverse the thing completely but I sort of liked the little bit of asymmetry so I kept it the way it was.

I think everyone is different. Some people never recover. My father-in-law worked very hard at his exercises and had a miraculous recovery in about six months. Every time he saw me he would flex his left arm to show how strong he was.

If you have had a stroke I hope you are one of the lucky ones.

Comment

Yes, I’ve had a stroke.My right side is affected

Comment

Carlyle, I hope you recover soon.
              God Bless Us All

Comment

Originally posted by Carlyle View Post
                Yes, I’ve had a stroke.My right side is affected
                Hoping for your recovery.
                ~ Faith
                MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
                (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
                - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
                - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
                - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Carlyle - sorry to hear you had a stroke. I am hoping you have a good recovery.

Are you familiar with the concept of neuroplasticity? Some of the studies are amazing, showing the brains ability to adapt, in some cases, one whole hemisphere not working and the other controlling both sides of the body.

Are you in physical therapy? What has your doctor said? Wishing you all the best.
                  Kathy
                  DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

So sorry to hear Carlyle! Hope you made a speedy comeback!
                    Take care and let us know how you're doing
                    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
                    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Thank you for your responses.its getting harder for me to type.Thats why I don’t say very much.

Comment

Hi Carlyle,

I have little doubt that everyone here at MSW wishes you the best and quickest recovery.

Not having better words than those already expressed, I will add my prayers.

You will bounce back!

Comment

I am guessing that you have MS and had a stroke?? How are you currently doing??

Montel Williams had a stroke and he has MS most definitely but appears to be doing great now. You can Google "Montel Williams and stroke". An interview he did with Robin Williams will pop up. He has a rare kind of stroke as well. I do not know if his MS played a part in his stroke, or if people with MS are any more or less likely than the general population to be a candidate for a stroke.

Wishing you good health. You type fine btw!
                          Tawanda

Comment

Working...
                          X