Kifer making

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kifer making

I've been making my own kifer water for a few months now and something is going wrong. I think I may have contaminated 2 batches of grains. (Fixin to get started on the 3rd) My grains are getting a white film around them and leaving particles in the water. I really dont know if it's the water or utiensels or what. I'm going to start using filtered water and clean the jars and utiensels with boiled water before use.
    The future depends on what you do today.- Gandhi

Originally posted by Boudreaux View Post
    I've been making my own kifer water for a few months now

Hey Boudreaux!

Well I may be the only one but gotta ask.... What is kifer water?

Kefir is a fermented milk drink (Russia). Could not find kifer anywhere.... Local reference? Purpose? Health?

Jer

Comment

Google "water kefir" try kefir or keifer or kifer. It'll come up sooner or later. Very similar to milk kefir but the grains feed on the sugar you add to the water instead of the lactose in milk.

Comment

Originally posted by Boudreaux View Post
        Google "water kefir" try kefir or keifer or kifer. It'll come up sooner or later. Very similar to milk kefir but the grains feed on the sugar you add to the water instead of the lactose in milk.
        Thanks Boudreaux. Oh, & good luck with the foot / toe.

I've a great tale involving a chainsaw....a fortunate good ending in spite of myself.

Comment

Originally posted by 502E79 View Post
          Thanks Boudreaux. Oh, & good luck with the foot / toe.

I've a great tale involving a chainsaw....a fortunate good ending in spite of myself.
          Thanks. It's a self inflicted injury....I'm my own worst enemy sometimes.

Comment

Working...
          X