Melatonin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Melatonin

I'm strugging with bouts of Insomnia. Has anyone had any good effects with Melatonin? What products can you recommend?

Thanks, in advance, for your input!
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass; it's learning to dance in the rain!

Melatonin with Valerian

I have had good results with Valetonin Long which is a combination of Melatonin and Valerian. I buy it online. My problem is that I wake up every few hours so I take one each time I wake up and fall back to sleep. I have tried other melatonin combinations like with zinc or vitamin B 6 but they didn't work as well for me.

Comment

I have,

I don’t have MS, my wife does but I have had a minor problem sleeping. I worked for a major aitline for 42 years which necessitated my getting up at 3:30 AM. After I retired I would still wake up at 3:30 and couldn’t get back to sleep. I started taking 5mg melatonin and for the last 15 years I still wake up around 3:30 but then go right back to sleep until 8AM or so. I take the melatonin at 11PM.

Good luck,it’s terrible not being able to sleep.

Comment

I used to use Melatonin, but not very successfully. My functional medicine doctor doesn't recommend it. His opinion is that, because our body produces its own melatonin, if we use a supplement, it can trigger our body to quit producing its own melatonin in the amounts we need.

I successfully used Valerian for a number of years. Eventually, I was able to substitute other techniques, such as deep breathing (including 4-7-8 yoga), meditation, imagining myself in my "happy place", etc. Now, I only use Valerian occasionally (maybe once a month) if I can't sleep.
        ~ Faith
        MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
        (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
        - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
        - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
        - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Originally posted by dm0329 View Post
          I'm strugging with bouts of Insomnia. Has anyone had any good effects with Melatonin? What products can you recommend?

Thanks, in advance, for your input!
          I have been using Circadin (aka melatonin) for about a year now and for the most part it seems to do the trick. Although I still go through spells where I can sleep on and off throughout the whole day, I think I am better off with it than without.
          Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. ... Dr. Seuss

Comment

Working...
          X