HGTV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HGTV

I don't have cable TV, so I don't get HGTV.

But I've been watching Fixer Upper reruns on Hulu. The down side is that it gives me ideas about changes I'd love to make to our house. Sadly, hubby is not in board.

I grew up with The Brady Bunch, so I'd love to watch A Very Brady Renovation, also on HGTV. Instead, I just the aftershows on YouTube. That gives me sort of a picture of what I missed.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

I love HGTV. and fixer upper. My husband is not on board either, said it cost him to much money. I have been addicted to House Hunters for years.

I glad you are able to enjoy reruns on Hula.
    God Bless Us All

Comment

I used to watch HGTV a lot. But I eventually found out not only that the shows are fake but really, really, really like totally fake. Like on House Hunters, the potential homebuyers have already bought a house and the so-called for-sale houses are not really for sale but often are their friends' houses. I can accept some make-believe, but these shows are just too much for me. But I will admit that my wife and I bought a house last year and put a lot of money into it to make it more accessible for me (taking down walls, widening doorways, ramps, new bathroom, etc.) and it was kinda fun (except for spending all that money).

Comment

Originally posted by Brad1138 View Post
        I used to watch HGTV a lot. But I eventually found out not only that the shows are fake but really, really, really like totally fake.
        I used to watch Love or List It. It's one of those shows that is mostly fake. Although there are parts of Fixer Upper that aren't portrayed totally accurately, it seems to be more realistic than many if the other HGTV shows.
        ~ Faith
        (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
        - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.

- Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Brad - Yes, I have heard that. A lady on one of the shows told how it really is but I still enjoy it.

Mamabug, I love all of Jojo's décor. Years ago when I first started watching fixer upper I changed my living room completely even the furniture.
          God Bless Us All

Comment

Originally posted by REG53 View Post
            Mamabug, I love all of Jojo's décor. Years ago when I first started watching fixer upper I changed my living room completely even the furniture.
            That's cool! I want to knock out walls, convert my back porch into an added laundry room / mud room, and renovate my galley kitchen.
            ~ Faith
            (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

Mamabug, hopefully you will do all of that soon. It might be hard living thru it but what an accomplishment you will love.
              God Bless Us All

Comment

Working...
              X