Where has everyone gone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where has everyone gone?

First I want to thank all the administrators for their work of keeping this forum running smoothly and I want to thank everyone for their encouragement and infor. that I get from the forum but It makes me sad that so many people have left.

Where has everyone gone?
    God Bless Us All

I wonder that too. Some days, there are very few posts.

Thanks for your appreciation.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

I, too, appreciate the moderators and administrators, thank you!

REG53, I believe more people read than post but you are right, usage is down from where it was. It's difficult to know why exactly but people have many more options these days, it seems.

When I win the lottery, I'd love to arrange travel and a banquet for everyone using this site so we could meet one another. Now that would be fun!

Comment

I don't know about others, but some days I'm just too tired to read the screen. I do usually check in to read the posts, but poop out when it comes to replying.
        Marti

The only cure for insomnia is to get more sleep.

Comment

FaceBook (now considered old school), Twitter, Instagram, Instant Messaging have taken over as technology advances. Who knows where we’ll be in 5 years? I still check in once a day, but the world is just moving faster and faster.

Comment

Originally posted by REG53 View Post
            First I want to thank all the administrators for their work of keeping this forum running smoothly and I want to thank everyone for their encouragement and infor. that I get from the forum but It makes me sad that so many people have left.

Where has everyone gone?
            Hello REG

Your participation is greatly appreciated as well!

Some members like to use the MSWorld Chat Room.

Originally posted by Myoak View Post
            When I win the lottery, I'd love to arrange travel and a banquet for everyone using this site so we could meet one another. Now that would be fun!
            Thanks Myoak and good luck!

Originally posted by ru4cats View Post
            FaceBook (now considered old school), Twitter, Instagram, Instant Messaging have taken over as technology advances. Who knows where we’ll be in 5 years? I still check in once a day, but the world is just moving faster and faster.
            Good point!
            PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
            ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

KoKo - Thank you. I figured some were in the chat room.

ru4cats - Yep, you are so right.

Marti- I can understand that, I get that way sometimes.

Myoak - I'm looking forward to that banquet!

Mamabug - Thank you
              God Bless Us All

Comment

It has been quiet lately. There are so many groups on different platforms, some specific to the treatment you are on or symptoms. It seems we see people more when struggling and have questions.

I always enjoy seeing a post from someone who hasn't been on in awhile. I hope when they disappear that they are just busy with life.
                Kathy
                DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

I agree Pennstater.
                  God Bless Us All

Comment

REG53,
                    That's exactly my thought. i'm also wondering about the outcomes of Dr. Burt's HSCT 10 or 15 years of clinical trials . And I often wonder how Terri Garr, Jack Osborne, Montel Williams, and other celebrities are dealing with life after the MS dx. Does this site allow celebrities to join ? Just wondering !

Comment

Originally posted by pennstater View Post

I always enjoy seeing a post from someone who hasn't been on in awhile. I hope when they disappear that they are just busy with life.
                      I wonder about those who have not posted for a long time, also, hoping they are well but fearing they aren't. Dyin Myelin, for instance, I haven't seen a post for such a long time and I wonder how things are going and if things could be better I would hope our collective voices might assist in some way. People do care. In fact, what greater gift is there to give or receive than caring?

There is an unmistakable, yet difficult to define power in caring. Years ago I was struck by something Lou Holtz said when he was hired as football coach at Notre Dame in the 1980's. He was asked about winning. He replied something to the effect 'if people truly care, we will'. I thought it was a very odd statement.

He went on to explain what caring meant and how it affected life and football teams, also. A couple of years later Notre Dame accomplished something very difficult to achieve. They won the national championship in 1988 with Holtz. I reflected back to his first interview... about caring and the inherent, undefinable power it carries and realized Holtz had tapped into something truly remarkable.

It made me wonder all sorts of things... is that how Jesus healed the broken people? Did he care about suffering more than we have capacity to understand? Often scriptures say that he saw human need and was MOVED with compassion... so something was going on in that realm and the person he touched knew it, too.

Holtz wasn't talking about religion when he replied, 'if people truly care'. He was talking about a reality; he was talking about caring real enough that the recipient KNOWS it is true... only then does caring unleash its powerful effect.

Carnal as it may seem on the surface, I think Notre Dame tapped into a source of strength other teams knew less about. That can be debated; what can't be is that they won the national championship in 1988.

Does caring change anything? Can caring improve health?

What do you think?

Comment

Hi JerryD, How are you doing? I'm sure celebrities are welcome. Maybe they are lurking. Have you searched the internet or facebook to find these celeb's?
                        God Bless Us All

Comment

Myoak, I not sure but what I am sure of is Caring about Jesus and knowing he Cares about me gets me thru the pain and gives me strength to face another day.
                          God Bless Us All

Comment

I know I just read everything, but I am different than everyone else. Then I just go and hang out in the arcade.

I have been coming here of and on for years and its always new people and wonder what happen to them and how their doing.

Shoo
                            Shoo

Comment

It seems Reg53's post has touched a chord with many of us. We miss a more active board, and we miss those who no longer post.

Originally posted by Myoak View Post
                              Awesome 👍 ! We'll be looking forward to you winning the lottery and following through with this.

Actually, I've met three people, in person, from this board.

One was Alan Mandel, our CEO. He invited me to attend a patient advocate seminar with him in Kansas City about three years ago.

One was someone from California whose parents used to live in KS, about 30 minutes away from me. We saw each other once a year, whenever she came to visit. Once, she was in Kansas the same time my Dad was visiting, so we all met together at her parents' home. We're still good friends on Facebook. I miss having the opportunity to see her in person.

The third person was a former volunteer at MSWorld. Although we met for coffee once and had an ok visit, we didn't really "connect".

But meeting MSWorld friends in person is incredible!
                              ~ Faith
                              MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
                              (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
                              - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
                              - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
                              - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Working...
                              X