NewGait device

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NewGait device

Hello, I am new to this forum and am interested in assistive devices. Like most of you I don't have a lot of $$ to spend so I became interested when I saw NewGait online (https://www.thenewgait.com/). Has anyone tried it or know anyone who has tried it?

Originally posted by RobertG478 View Post
    Hello, I am new to this forum and am interested in assistive devices. Like most of you I don't have a lot of $$ to spend so I became interested when I saw NewGait online (https://www.thenewgait.com/). Has anyone tried it or know anyone who has tried it?
    Hi Robert and Welcome

Thank you for bringing this device to our attention. I had not seen the NewGait before.

It reminds me a little bit of an HFAD (hip flexion assist device).

Looks sort of complicated to put on, and something that I would not be able to put on by myself.

https://www.thenewgait.com/newgait-instructions/

It does appear to help a lot, though, from looking at the user videos.

Take Care
    PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Sorry Robert, I dont know anyone who uses that device. Welcome to the forum and please tell us more as you learn about it.
      The future depends on what you do today.- Gandhi

Comment

Yes; welcome to MSWorld, Robert. I don't have any knowledge or experience, either, with the NewGait Device. I'm still a cane user.
        ~ Faith
        MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
        (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
        - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
        - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
        - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Hey Guys, I appreciate the responses. It does look a bit complicated, but the testimonial videos are what drew me in.

I'll take a deeper dive and let you all know

Comment

Hey Guys, I appreciate the responses. It does look a bit complicated, but the testimonial videos are what drew me in.

I'll take a deeper dive and let you all know
            Thank you Robert.

If you don't mind my asking, are you currently using any mobility aids? (AFO, cane, rollator, scooter, wheelchair, etc)

I need an AFO for foot drop, the full support of a 4-wheel rollator for moving around my apartment, and a wheelchair for longer distances.

Take Care
            ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Originally posted by KoKo View Post
              Thank you Robert.

If you don't mind my asking, are you currently using any mobility aids? (AFO, cane, rollator, scooter, wheelchair, etc)

I need an AFO for foot drop, the full support of a 4-wheel rollator for moving around my apartment, and a wheelchair for longer distances.

Take Care
              I currently should be using an AFO but stopped because it was uncomfortable and I felt like it was making me weaker. Right now I am just using a quad cane and a rollator

Comment

I currently should be using an AFO but stopped because it was uncomfortable and I felt like it was making me weaker.
                Robert ~

I've seen other types of foot drop aids on Amazon, that appear less cumbersome, but they're for mild to moderate foot drop.

I use the custom made 'heavy duty' type for severe foot drop.

If you're able to strengthen and improve those muscles involved, that is even better yet.

Take Care

Comment

Working...
                X