New MS Therapy Commercial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New MS Therapy Commercial

How many have viewed the new television commercial for Ocrevus? I remember a few years ago when the newly FDA-approved Tecfidera tv commercial hit the air, too.

What are your opinions on it? Just curious what my fellow MSers think. IMHO, I sort of understand why some folks where negative on the older Tecfidera commercial (woman in it had "invisible MS" but "you look so good" and was quite active with swimming, etc.).

But, the newer Ocrevus commercial has a different variety of folks (invisible, "look so good", and some with canes, etc.). It's "marketing hook" seems to be the TWO (not the piece sign LOL) with the two fingers.

Thanks, in advance, for sharing your views!
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass; it's learning to dance in the rain!

Originally posted by dm0329 View Post
    How many have viewed the new television commercial for Ocrevus? I remember a few years ago when the newly FDA-approved Tecfidera tv commercial hit the air, too.

What are your opinions on it? Just curious what my fellow MSers think. IMHO, I sort of understand why some folks where negative on the older Tecfidera commercial (woman in it had "invisible MS" but "you look so good" and was quite active with swimming, etc.).

But, the newer Ocrevus commercial has a different variety of folks (invisible, "look so good", and some with canes, etc.). It's "marketing hook" seems to be the TWO (not the piece sign LOL) with the two fingers.

Thanks, in advance, for sharing your views!
    Hi dm

Thanks, I had not seen it.

I googled Ocrevus commercial and watched it on youtube.

I'm ok with the visual aspect of how the persons with MS are depicted in the commercial.

The clinical studies have shown that Ocrevus is most effective in persons with RRMS, and persons with early PPMS (lower EDSS).

Also, my understanding of the 'two' sign is for twice a year infusions.

Take Care
    PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

I watched it. I'm glad they did show someone with a cane. I have been on it for 2 years. It hasn't improved my sx's. but I know it wasn't made too.
      God Bless Us All

Comment

Ocrevus claims to be effective in "reducing relapses in MS" and "slowing disability progression in RRMS and PPMS".

Thanks for posting. I put a link to the add here, and in the Ocrevus sub-forum.

I like that the ad shows people with MS engaging in additional healthy behaviors, such as spending time with loved ones and pets, going for walks outdoors, relaxing with a cup of tea and doing yoga.

If you haven't seen the ad yet, you can view it here:

Prior to considering a switch an MS med different from what you are currently using, please talk to your doctor about whether it is a good "fit' for you and what its side effects are. You can also read comments from MSWorld members here:

~ Faith
        MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
        (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
        - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
        - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
        - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Working...
        X