It is time to switch meds...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is time to switch meds...

I had my MRI yesterday and just spoke with my doctor. Three new brain lesions after 4 years of no change - and these are all new lesions since April 2019.

We are meeting on Friday to discuss a medication change. We are both leaning toward Ocrevus. I investigated my medical plan and there is no need for me to try and fail on another drug before getting authorized for Ocrevus.

I am so sad, I am so angry and I cannot even think. I know it was wrong of me to think that I was going to stay status quo, but I did...I am so so stupid...

Thank you very much for listening.
    Diagnosed RRMS 4/7/15, symptoms for 8 months prior. Copaxone 4/27/15

Any time we have to deal with changes to our health, especially bad news for MS, it is stressful. But the good news is that you aren't burying your head in the sand - you are being proactive and changing to a new medication with a higher effficacy rate.

I know you have been doing research just in case. That is great, as you can make a well informed decision with your neuro. Just in case you didn't know, there is a separate sub-forum for Ocrevus in the medications and treatment forum that may be helpful.

Right now, it is hard to see. But once you have time to adjust, get both upset and angry, there is no reason not to be optimistic that your new med will be effective.

Glad you shared. We all understand.
    Kathy
    DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Working...
    X