Exercise check in 09/05/2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exercise check in 09/05/2019

Last week, this post was lost. I re-posted it yesterday, but most didn't check in and we didn't make our traditional weekly reports.

We'll try next week.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Made modified goal

Thurs - 1620 steps;
    Fri - 762 steps; PT
    Sat - 1053 steps;
    Sun - 1316 steps;
    Mon - 1730 steps; PT
    Tues - 2163 steps; PT, SS Yoga
    Wed - 1740 steps;

Total steps = 10,384 steps. Average: 1483 steps per day
    Total exercise = 4x

My modified goals for last week were to track exercise, to try to do things at home and work towards
    being able to meet former goals sometime in the future. So, I guess I made that goal.

My second toenail removal surgery is doing better. It no longer hurts to wear shoes.

Former Goals:
    1. Average of 2,000 steps per day.
    2. Exercise at least 4 times out of 7 days. Silver Sneakers, recumbent bike at Wellness Center or YMCA, PT, YouTube chair exercises or something else.
    3. Include some strength training on some of my exercise days (could be PT).
    Last edited by Mamabug; 09-05-2019, 11:08 AM.
    ~ Faith
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.

- Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Nice work Mamabug. You'll be laying down tracks soon enough.

My goals for this week were:
      2 nights of jiu jitsu....made
      3 3 mile runs......made
      3 days in the gym....made

I'll keep the same goals for next week. Looking forward to hearing from everyone. Keep it going y'all.
      The future depends on what you do today.- Gandhi

Comment

Congrats yeah rah!

I am thrilled of the strides you guys are making in your excercie goals!!!! If I were an envious person I would be a lovely shade of apple green about now lol. However, luckily I never have been thank goodness. I just posted re: standing re: pain. If and when I am able I intend to start back to Silver Sneakers.

Keep on keeping on gang.
        JKForrest

Comment

JKForrest - Welcome!

Even if, for now, you just come to cheerlead us on, that's worth a lot to me. I found that, when this weekly thread was discontinued for a year or two, my exercise declined significantly. There is something about posting here regularly that helps me to hold myself accountable, because I think others might also be holding me accountable and / or encouraging me on.

I'm sorry about your pain. When you were at the chiropractor, were there any suggestions for exercises? Another possibility might be a physical therapist. Also not inexpensive, but insurance might cover some. Even if you could get a referral for an initial visit, perhaps they'd give you some exercises that you could do at home. I went for 12 visits a year or two ago, at my request. Even with insurance, it cost me $600. It didn't seem to help that much, and I likely should have agreed to fewer visits. But, I appreciate the exercises they gave me to do at home; I still do some and they might keep my mobility from continuing to decrease.
          ~ Faith
          (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

Welcome JKForrest. I agree with mamabug. Every Thursday I look for this thread and am eager to not only report but see how everyone else is doing.
            The future depends on what you do today.- Gandhi

Comment

Working...
            X