DORIAN, really bad spasms.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DORIAN, really bad spasms.

I had really bad spasms during hurricane, like I had with intitial MS attack. Does anyone know if if it would be stress or low barometric pressure or what? I was almost ready to go to hospital because of last issue with heat exhaustion. I have really bad pressure in my ears and feel like I just had major workout and all muscles sore. Can anyone advise?

DORIAN SPASMS

GOING TO HOSPITAL. NOT MANY REPLEIES ON CHAT OR ON MS WORLS WHY I DON'T COME HERE MUCH.

Comment

Originally posted by Teddy1101 View Post
      I had really bad spasms during hurricane, like I had with intitial MS attack. Does anyone know if if it would be stress or low barometric pressure or what? I was almost ready to go to hospital because of last issue with heat exhaustion. I have really bad pressure in my ears and feel like I just had major workout and all muscles sore. Can anyone advise?
      Hi Teddy

Sorry to learn that you've been dealing with muscle spasms and other symptoms.

MS muscle spasticity and spasms can be triggered by a number of things, including: stress/anxiety, weather changes, humidity, being too warm or too cold, UTI and other infections or virus, fever, bowel problems, skin breakdown, muscle or joint pain, excessive fatigue.

https://www.mstrust.org.uk/a-z/spast...icity-triggers

https://www.nationalmssociety.org/Sy...oms/Spasticity

Hopefully you will get relief soon.

Glad you made it through the hurricane.

Take Care
      PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
      ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Hi Teddy.

I'm sorry you've been having spasms. Just wondering if you went to the emergency room or your doctor?

I used to have spasms a lot they weren't usually painful but they were annoying. I don't get many now that I have a baclofen pump.

I hope you find relief. Please keep us posted.

Comment

Could you possibly be coming down with something, since you are sore and ears are clogged?

For me, any infection makes symptoms worse, including spasticity. Usually Baclofen usually keeps it controlled, but when sick, different story.
          Kathy
          DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Hi Teddy - did you go to the hospital? Have the spasms subsided any? Hope you are feeling a little better.
            Kathy
            DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

I was wondering, too, Teddy, if you went to the hospital and if you're feeling better.
              ~ Faith
              MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
              (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
              - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
              - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
              - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Working...
              X