Site was down and missing posts!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Site was down and missing posts!

Our site was down for about 2 days due to some technical problems this week. The board moderators have no indication what the initial problem was, but we have noticed that there are a few posts and threads that are now missing from August 26th until today (Sept 1st).

We are truly sorry for this inconvenience. If you notice that your post is missing, please try to post again. Your stories, experiences, thoughts are important for all of us.

Again, we are terribly sorry.
    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Noticed that glitch. Sure missed everyone, but we will live through it. Thanks.
    Marti

The only cure for insomnia is to get more sleep.

Comment

... and I thought that I would come back to a brand new MSW site, installed over the holiday weekend!

Glad we are all back regardless!

Comment

Originally posted by 502E79 View Post
        ... and I thought that I would come back to a brand new MSW site, installed over the holiday weekend!
        You mean like - poof! we now have a like button and private messaging?

Take Care
        PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
        ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Originally posted by KoKo View Post

Take Care

Yeah, I remember the thread, and the thoughts regarding a "like" button.

I came across an article dealing with fake news vs. real news and the social media. The article spoke of people's need for approval, affection and positive feedback. Stating that if one combines this human cognitive weakness with social networks then, well, the article uses the word chaos.

We need decernment or critical thinking ability to sort the fake from the real. The article contends that a simple question "Is what I just read true?" can create a pause that allows for the critical thinking necessary today.

Am I wrong to think that a like button resembles a short cut, a quick way out? A way avoid true reflection....

My money is on the young tech people installing one. A no brainer.

Jer

Comment

Originally posted by KoKo View Post

Take Care
            I'd love to have those! If I remember, a "like" button might be coming some day.

I'm not sure that private messaging is in the cards. We used to have it here, many years ago. I made a real-life MSWorld friend that way. We haven't seen each other in recent years, but we used to get together annually when she came to KS to visit her parents. They are no longer in KS, but Lois and I still keep in touch.
            ~ Faith
            MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
            (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
            - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
            - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
            - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Am I wrong to think that a like button resembles a short cut, a quick way out? A way avoid true reflection....

My money is on the young tech people installing one. A no brainer.
              Hi Jer

You make good points.

There are some social media outlets that had been discussing doing away with their 'like' button (Pinterest, Twitter - I think?). Don't know if they have done that yet, but it could be a new trend on the way.

Take Care
              ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Originally posted by Mamabug View Post
                I'm not sure that private messaging is in the cards. We used to have it here, many years ago. I made a real-life MSWorld friend that way.
                Hi Mamabug

Same here! A few of us would meet at a restaurant.

Maybe times have changed since over a decade ago, with being more cautious of online strangers, trolls, etc?

Comment

Originally posted by Seasha View Post
                  there are a few posts and threads that are now missing from August 26th until today (Sept 1st).

Seasha,

Another note... The clock is wrong.

By that I mean: a post I submitted this morning, around 10 am, was marked as submitted at 6:09 pm (or close to that).

As I type this, it is only 4:19 pm Sept 4.... Cue the Twilight Zone theme....

Jer

Comment

Seasha,

Another note... The clock is wrong.

By that I mean: a post I submitted this morning, around 10 am, was marked as submitted at 6:09 pm (or close to that).

As I type this, it is only 4:19 pm Sept 4.... Cue the Twilight Zone theme....

Jer
                    Jer ~

Tech Support is aware that we're in the Twilight Zone here.

Comment

Working...
                    X