Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update

I haven’t been on here in awhile and just wanted to give a bit of an update...

It’s been a rough road, but now I feel better than I have in years. My low back pain that I’ve complained quite a bit about on here is gone. I have more energy than I’ve had in awhile. Even my migraines have lessened.

Many don’t know this, but I’ve always been severely obese which I know wasn’t helping my ms and something had to be done. So on January 23rd of this year I had bariatric surgery and have lost 101 pounds so far. Changed my diet completely and exercise everyday. Still have a ways to go, but am already feeling so much better. I also haven’t had a flare since back in 2012 when I was diagnosed.

I’ll say for awhile there I regretted the decision I had made as I got very sick for a couple months....couldn’t keep anything down and ended up in the ER in severe pain and dehydrated. Thankfully, that has passed and I’m doing and feeling 100% better.

Anyway, just wanted to say I’m still alive and doing well. I hope everyone is doing ok. Think about everyone here quite often.

“Keep your face to the sun and you will never see the shadows.”
    ― Helen Keller

Hello ladybug

Glad that you stopped by to give us an update. Thank you!

Originally posted by ladybug162 View Post
    It’s been a rough road, but now I feel better than I have in years. My low back pain that I’ve complained quite a bit about on here is gone. I have more energy than I’ve had in awhile. Even my migraines have lessened.
    That's certainly good news!

Originally posted by ladybug162 View Post
    Many don’t know this, but I’ve always been severely obese which I know wasn’t helping my ms and something had to be done. So on January 23rd of this year I had bariatric surgery and have lost 101 pounds so far. Changed my diet completely and exercise everyday. Still have a ways to go, but am already feeling so much better. I also haven’t had a flare since back in 2012 when I was diagnosed.
    Congratulations on your efforts! You are doing a great job. I'm sure it isn't easy, but you seem very determined. Good for you!

Wishing you continued success!

Keep us posted - you have our support.

Take Care
    PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Wow! Great news! I'm glad that you're feeling better.

Comment

Thanks for the news and checking in with us, ladybug.
        This is super good news!
        1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
        Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Less pain, fewer pounds, good news.

Thanks for the update!
          ~ Faith
          MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
          (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
          - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
          - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
          - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Glad you are feeling better. Nice work.
            The future depends on what you do today.- Gandhi

Comment

That's all good news so thank you for sharing. As well, huge congratulations on your weight loss, you should be so proud of yourself for taking charge.
              Jen
              RRMS 2005, Copaxone since 2007
              "I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am."

Comment

Thank you for sharing your good news and welcome back!
                He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
                Anonymous

Comment

Sounds like a lot of good news. So happy for you. Keep up the good work and feel better and better!!
                  Marti

The only cure for insomnia is to get more sleep.

Comment

Ladybug - that is fantastic news! I am so glad you are feeling so much better. I am sure with such positive results, it makes it a little easier to keep on track. Look forward to more posts.
                    Kathy
                    DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Working...
                    X