Aubagio..........$76,612

Tecfidera.........$82,977

Tysabri............$78,214

Lemtrada.........$103,749

Ocrevus...........$65,000

Mavenclad........$99,500
    2years

https://multiple-sclerosis-research....-current-dmts/

Thanks MyOak. It amazes me that the older drugs (CRAB) are more expensive than some of the newer medications that have a higher efficacy rate. I guess part of it is the number of doses needed for injection schedule.
    Kathy
    DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

It makes me feel embarrassed to see this and realize how much of a drain I am on society. I wish our government would find a way to make changes that result in more reasonable costs for medication and treatment.
      He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
      Anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by Jules A View Post
        It makes me feel embarrassed to see this and realize how much of a drain I am on society.

Jules, Please don't feel this way. The pharmaceutical makers on MyOak's list should be embarrassed.

Also note that 30 days from now this price list will be obsolete. ...and the band played on.

Comment

Originally posted by 502E79 View Post
          Jules, Please don't feel this way. The pharmaceutical makers on MyOak's list should be embarrassed.

Also note that 30 days from now this price list will be obsolete. ...and the band played on.
          I don't use any DMT, but Jer makes a good point here.

Take Care
          PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
          ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

It makes me feel embarrassed to see this and realize how much of a drain I am on society. I wish our government would find a way to make changes that result in more reasonable costs for medication and treatment.
            There are drains on society all over the place. Your needs are just a bit more "tangible." You sound like a responsible person who may be far less of a drain than some others who seem squeaky clean on paper. Keep on truckin'
            All the best, ~G

Comment

Originally posted by 502E79 View Post

Couldn't agree any more Jer!
              Kathy
              DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

The site also shows how much US costs are so that other countries can have the same drug at a huge "discount". My insurance coverage pays for about 75% of the listed price. Wouldn't it be more fair if the drug prices were the same regardless of where a patient lived or what insurance coverage they had? Just saying!

https://msworld.org/forum/blob:https...8-7472306b04e2

Comment

Originally posted by DorOMA View Post
                  Wouldn't it be more fair if the drug prices were the same regardless of where a patient lived or what insurance coverage they had? Just saying!
                  Great but loaded, question. The comparison country, the UK, has public healthcare for all. Everyone pays into it, so costs can be lower. That will never fly in the US.
                  All the best, ~G

Comment

Thanks gals and guys. I appreciate your kind words. I'm just kind of worn out by MS related angst which never seems to end.
                    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
                    Anonymous

Comment

What makes it a "loaded" question? I'm just having a dumb day. I don't understand

Comment

Originally posted by DorOMA View Post
                        What makes it a "loaded" question? I'm just having a dumb day. I don't understand
                        Oh I agree with you that it would be great if there was a way that drug prices were universally set. TOTALLY agree. It just gets into so many geopolitical and domestic policy topics.

Lets keep a good thought
                        All the best, ~G

Comment

Ditto.

Yeah, there are many drains on society. But, as I age and my MS progresses, I wonder whether my $86,000 med is even effective anymore.
                          ~ Faith
                          MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
                          (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
                          - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
                          - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
                          - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Working...
                          X