Safe soap for recurring UTI's.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pennstater View Post
    I think the whole hormone thing is also a risk/benefit analysis. It is worth a discussion with your doctor to review the pros and cons and then also review alternatives, both hormonal and non-hormonal. As with our NS treatments, we all have our own level of risk tolerance.

Hope your doc gives you the time to review.
    I hope this doctor will give me time too. I haven't even met her yet. She's new here and I have an appt in September. Seems like a long time to wait. I'm just pulling at threads, reading up on every possible reason for insomnia and exhaustion. Right now I have it in my head that the lack of hormones is the problem. Thanks.
    Marti

The only cure for insomnia is to get more sleep.

Comment

I'm late jumping on the band wagon, and I'd like to say first of all that I'm very grateful I haven't had the serious urinary tract issues some of you have described.

in my 20's and 30's I had regular UTI's, but the majority went away after I switched to showers from baths. When things start feeling a little hinky now, I do a day or two of cranberry pills with nettle and/or dandelion tea, and it clears up quickly before reaching an uncomfortable level.

I've had good luck with "Traditional Medicinals" teas, but make sure you read the ingredients. They sometimes add herbs that could interfere with a health condition or another drug you're taking. For instance, the use of licorice should be avoided if you have high blood pressure.

Comment

Originally posted by NoraS View Post
        I'm late jumping on the band wagon, and I'd like to say first of all that I'm very grateful I haven't had the serious urinary tract issues some of you have described.

in my 20's and 30's I had regular UTI's, but the majority went away after I switched to showers from baths. When things start feeling a little hinky now, I do a day or two of cranberry pills with nettle and/or dandelion tea, and it clears up quickly before reaching an uncomfortable level.

I've had good luck with "Traditional Medicinals" teas, but make sure you read the ingredients. They sometimes add herbs that could interfere with a health condition or another drug you're taking. For instance, the use of licorice should be avoided if you have high blood pressure.

I finally found out that my UTI's were caused by a lack of hormones. Dr. gave me a Premerin cream and this seems to have stopped the infections.
        Marti

The only cure for insomnia is to get more sleep.

Comment

Wow Marti! This is such good news!
          1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
          Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

So happy for you Marti.
            God Bless Us All

Comment

Working...
            X