Exercise check in 07/18/2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exercise check in 07/18/2019

I'll try posting this as a weekly thread again, since I'm back.

Seasha and Boudreaux checked in last week. Seasha met goals. Boudreaux didn't set goals. I was on vacation, and Koko plans to check in only once a month.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Re-set

I didn't set or track goals while on vacation. Probably got some exercise with grandchildren. But, I was recovering from having a toenail removed (sorry if TMI), so I walked less than usual, rather than more, I think.

Prior to vacation, my goals were:
    1. Average of 2,000 steps per day.
    2. Exercise at least 4 times out of 7 days. Silver Sneakers, recumbent bike at Wellness Center or YMCA, PT, YouTube chair exercises or something else.
    3. Include some strength training on some of my exercise days (could be PT).

I hope to get back to that. But, for next week, while I adjust to being back home, my goal will simply be to exercise 3x this week.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Welcome back mamabug.

I've been on vacation as well so I didn't exercise as well. No jiu jitsu this past week either.

Next check in goals are:
      2- 3 mile runs
      2- nights of jiu jitsu
      2 days in the gym

I've also been batteling what I believe to be golfers elbow. Hopefully I'll get it right soon?

Keep it going.
      The future depends on what you do today.- Gandhi

Comment

Yes, welcome back Mamabug!

With family still here, I plan to play with my granddaughter as much as possible. the weather is finally better with no rain in sight, so I plan to get out in the garden with more weeding and harvesting.

Hope we can all make our goals or at least partially so for next week!
        1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
        Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Hi everyone

I've been keeping up with my weekly goals:

- Up and active 4X a day @ 30 min each time

- Walk for 30 min, 5X a week

- Stretches, several times throughout the day

- In-chair ab crunches, 2X a day

In addition to these goals, I'm going to increase my leg stretches.

It's been getting a little more difficult, at times, lifting my legs over the tub, while in my swivel shower chair. Keeping my legs more flexible should help.

Wishing everyone good energy and perseverance.
          PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
          ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Working...
          X