Waiting on MRI - Suspected MS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Forgetful View Post
    I had my MRI Monday and the results came back normal. No sign of MS. I was upset at first about not having answers, but I know it's great news.

This afternoon I went back to my doctor and I will be going on some anxiety/depression medication. I really didn't think I was depressed, but my husband brought up a lot of things and I had a good conversation with my doctor.

I'm starting to piece together things in my head, and it's kind of making sense. I just want to feel like myself again and I hope this works! I don't think I need to get into the details much.

Thank you for the encouragement and support! You guys have a great community here and I appreciate being able to be part of it and I have learned a lot! For now I am just going to work towards getting better.
    Hello Forgetful

Thank you so much for the update.

Good to know that your MRI results are clear.

Hopefully your anxiety/depression treatment is successful, and the physical symptoms subside as well.

Come back anytime and let us know how you are doing, ok?

Wishing you all the best, and hope that you're on the way feeling better soon.

Take Care
    PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Forgetful - Glad your results were clear and that you updated us. I hope you have success with any depression/anxiety treatment you start. It is amazing the difference it can make in one's life when it works. It may take a little time to find the right meds for you. I benefited a lot from both medication and therapy - talking things out helped enormously. It also gave me tools to rely on when stress creeps back in. Like meds, you have to find the right therapist.

Good luck to you.
      Kathy
      DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Thanks KoKo. I will let you know how I'm doing after trying this med for a bit. Thanks for the kind words, it makes it easier to try and accept. Wishing you the best as well!

pennstater, that is great advice. I will be looking for someone after trying this for a few weeks. I have benefitted from therapy before, but its been a long time ago. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Forgetful View Post
          I had my MRI Monday and the results came back normal. No sign of MS. I was upset at first about not having answers, but I know it's great news.

This afternoon I went back to my doctor and I will be going on some anxiety/depression medication. I really didn't think I was depressed, but my husband brought up a lot of things and I had a good conversation with my doctor.

I'm starting to piece together things in my head, and it's kind of making sense. I just want to feel like myself again and I hope this works! I don't think I need to get into the details much.

Thank you for the encouragement and support! You guys have a great community here and I appreciate being able to be part of it and I have learned a lot! For now I am just going to work towards getting better.
          I'm glad, too, that your results looked good. However, I encourage you to continue to pursue a diagnosis. And, don't rule out MS for sure, as you look ahead. MS can take a long time to dx, and it can mimic other illnesses.

I'm hopeful that's not what you have. Although it took almost 2 years to dx me with MS, it was never ruled out, even during the times that I was given other "possible" diagnoses. So, if your doc isn't leaning that direction, you might have less likelihood that's what's going on for you.
          ~ Faith
          MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
          (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
          - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
          - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
          - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Hi Forgetful,

How are you doing? Please update us on your progress if you are able.
            MSWorld Administration

Comment

Working...
            X