Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is this worth bringing up with my neuro?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this worth bringing up with my neuro?

I was diagnosed with CIS in Oct 2018 and started Copaxone in Nov. This is all so very new to me so I feel like I'm on hyper alert mode to every little thing.

Lately, I've been noticing (maybe) that sometimes my left lower leg feels a little "off" just ever so slightly. Like maybe feeling slightly, heavier, or ever so slightly less responsive. It can also be tingly (but tingling isn't really anything new in my hands, arms, legs, and feet). It comes and goes. Its not hampering my movement at all. No tripping or anything like that either.

I'm not sure if maybe I'm just imagining this! Like maybe I'm hyper in tune to everything and then when I'm distracted by other things that's when it seems to "go away." On the other hand, if it IS something, maybe it's due to tight muscles (I have some RLS or spasticity, not sure which) in both my lower legs.

Anyway, I have a neuro appointment on Monday and I'm not sure whether or not to bring this up. I feel kind of crazy - like I may just be imagining it all and it could sound crazy since it's so very mild if it's even there at all.

Thoughts?

Originally posted by ElemteacherPK6 View Post
    I was diagnosed with CIS in Oct 2018 and started Copaxone in Nov. This is all so very new to me so I feel like I'm on hyper alert mode to every little thing.

Lately, I've been noticing (maybe) that sometimes my left lower leg feels a little "off" just ever so slightly. Like maybe feeling slightly, heavier, or ever so slightly less responsive. It can also be tingly (but tingling isn't really anything new in my hands, arms, legs, and feet). It comes and goes. Its not hampering my movement at all. No tripping or anything like that either.

I'm not sure if maybe I'm just imagining this! Like maybe I'm hyper in tune to everything and then when I'm distracted by other things that's when it seems to "go away." On the other hand, if it IS something, maybe it's due to tight muscles (I have some RLS or spasticity, not sure which) in both my lower legs.

Anyway, I have a neuro appointment on Monday and I'm not sure whether or not to bring this up. I feel kind of crazy - like I may just be imagining it all and it could sound crazy since it's so very mild if it's even there at all.

Thoughts?
    Hi Elemteacher

Yes, let your neuro know about any concerns that you have.

It's a good practice to document these concerns, and any changes that you notice, and take a copy of these to your appointment with you.

Take Care
    PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Hi ElemteacherPK6.

I agree with KoKo, mention it to your Neurologist.

Did you have MRIs of the spine? If not this might be a good time to talk to your Neurologist about possibly doing so. Usually when legs are involved it could be due to Spinal Cord Lesions.

Take care.
      Diagnosed 1984
      “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

I agree - let your neuro know. I tend to bring up all my questions and let him tell me if MS related as well as advice on what to do.

Comment

I tell my doctors every little thing, no matter how crazy it sounds to me. We all share a disease that has a lot of strange symptoms. And MS touches every part of the body. Let them decide if it's something to explore. Don't be afraid to talk to different doctors or nurses about odd stuff that comes up. And especially, bring your concerns here to us.
          Marti

The only cure for insomnia is to get more sleep.

Comment

Thanks everyone, I guess I well...even though "I don't wanna" lol (partially do to sounding crazy, partially because I don't want it to be something wrong, but denial doesn't fix anything I guess). I have not had a spinal cord MRI (well just the cervical spine in my neck).

Comment

I was diagnosed with CIS in Oct 2018 and started Copaxone in Nov...

Lately, I've been noticing (maybe) that sometimes my left lower leg feels a little "off" just ever so slightly. Like maybe feeling slightly, heavier, or ever so slightly less responsive. It can also be tingly (but tingling isn't really anything new in my hands, arms, legs, and feet). It comes and goes...

Thoughts?
              I hope you are kidding about not bringing it up! Symptoms provide critically important clues for your treating neurologist. If you are not going to tell him/her what is going on, why go? Please inform your neurologist and let him decide if it is important; that is the reason you have an appointment with him.

Thank you for being honest about your feelings. We ALL feel the same way facing this kind of situation... we all hope it will just go away. The reason we must mention this type of thing to a treating neurologist is to enlist his expertise in making it go away. His training may help you immensely.

You have my sincere compassion for your best health and happiness.

Comment

I feel the need to 'chime in'.
                You should keep a 'symptom journal' in a small copybook or printed from a PC. It doesn't matter if you can't find your exact problem noted by another source . Your descriptions will add to the volumes of MS patient's . In my experience with MS, many neurologists, as well as PCPs, don't recognize the many varied symptoms of MS in patients.
                And, if it turns out that you aren't given an MS diagnosis, you can feel that you've done your part to find the cause of your discomfort . Good luck

Comment

Thank you so much everyone. I did bring it up with her today. She thought it was odd, and noted it, but wasn't overly concerned.

Comment

Thank you so much everyone. I did bring it up with her today. She thought it was odd, and noted it, but wasn't overly concerned.
                    On the other hand, if it IS something, maybe it's due to tight muscles (I have some RLS or spasticity, not sure which) in both my lower legs.
                    Elemteacher

Did you ask her about spasticity?

Take Care
                    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Originally posted by KoKo View Post
                      Elemteacher

Did you ask her about spasticity?

Take Care

Not explicitly, but I mentioned that they sometimes felt achy/crampy. She also checked my leg reflexes.

Comment

Not explicitly, but I mentioned that they sometimes felt achy/crampy. She also checked my leg reflexes.
                        Elemteacher

Good to know that your appointment went well, and that there was nothing found to be overly concerned about.

Take Care

Comment

Working...
                        X