Does MS cause suffering?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just came across this on my Instagram feed-

"Although the world is full of suffering, it is also full of the overcoming of it" Helen Keller
    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Originally posted by Seasha View Post
      Just came across this on my Instagram feed-

"Although the world is full of suffering, it is also full of the overcoming of it" Helen Keller
      "Like".....
      ~ Faith
      MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
      (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
      - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
      - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
      - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Originally posted by Mamabug View Post
        "Like".....
        Double like.
        He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
        Anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by Jules A View Post
          Double like.
          3rd like.

"Life is a chronic condition" is another of my favorites.
          All the best, ~G

Comment

Originally posted by loopey View Post

I will see a therapist next week to try to get help coping with this disease. I am ashamed that I am not able to cope on my own.
            Loopey, I understand! I too am having a very hard time coping and can’t seem to do it either. It impacts my whole family and I feel so sad about that and quilty that I can’t handle this disease better.

Just wanted to let you know you are not alone....right there with ya sista! 💕

Comment

Originally posted by gargantua View Post
              3rd like.

"Life is a chronic condition" is another of my favorites.
              Another LIKE 👍🏻

Comment

Pain is unavoidable. Suffering is optional.

That’s the one I live by. I just posted the thread to see what others thought.

Comment

A book I have found useful in thinking about this issue is How to Be Sick, A Buddhist-Inspired Guide for the Chronically Ill and Their Caregivers by Toni Bernhard. I am not a Buddhist, but the ideas are still useful and inspiring. Reading it has also stirred my exploration of my own Christian traditions in regards to suffering and of my own spiritual responses and expectations.

Stay lifted,
                  Mermaid Susan
                  "Life is short, and we have but little time to gladden the hearts of those who travel with us; so let us be swift to love, and make haste to be kind."
-Henri Amiel

Comment

Originally posted by MermaidOP View Post
                    A book I have found useful in thinking about this issue is How to Be Sick, A Buddhist-Inspired Guide for the Chronically Ill and Their Caregivers by Toni Bernhard.
                    I read this book too and have in my permanent collection! I agree that one need not to be a Buddhist. It's inspiring messages are for all religious (or none at all) persuasions. Thank you for reminding me as I want to read it again!
                    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
                    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Thanks for the recommendation. I'll have to put it on my list of books I want to read.
                      ~ Faith
                      MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
                      (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
                      - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
                      - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
                      - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Working...
                      X