Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Old time member starting Ocrevus

Hello,
    I’ll be getting my first half infusion of Ocrevus tomorrow. I’m going to a small local hospital nearby. I’m hoping it will be an easy experience. I’ll report back to share the experience.
    Take care, Wiz
    RRMS Restarted Copaxone 12/09

Originally posted by ewizabeth View Post
    Hello,
    I’ll be getting my first half infusion of Ocrevus tomorrow. I’m going to a small local hospital nearby. I’m hoping it will be an easy experience. I’ll report back to share the experience.
    Good luck with the infusion Wiz!

Hope it goes very well.

Take Care
    PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Good luck. Hope all goes well! Will look for the update.
      Kathy
      DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Thanks Koko and Pennstater.

It went well today. It took about 6 hours after getting everything set up. I drank a lot of water today and maybe that helped. I have a slight headache but that’s about it. I was a bit weak after I got home but I’ve been resting.

They gave me benadryl, solumedrol, and a half hour saline solution before the Ocrevus. They also had warm towels and provided a good lunch.

The nurses were very nice and attentive.

Now as long as the insurance covers what they said they will then I’ll be very happy. I qualified for the medication assistance so I’m hoping that works too.
        Take care, Wiz

Comment

It went well today. It took about 6 hours after getting everything set up. I drank a lot of water today and maybe that helped. I have a slight headache but that’s about it. I was a bit weak after I got home but I’ve been resting.

They gave me benadryl, solumedrol, and a half hour saline solution before the Ocrevus. They also had warm towels and provided a good lunch.

The nurses were very nice and attentive.

Now as long as the insurance covers what they said they will then I’ll be very happy. I qualified for the medication assistance so I’m hoping that works too.
          Hi Wiz

Thanks for the update.

It's good to know that your infusion went well!

Fingers crossed that the insurance coverage and medication assistance goes well too!

Keep us informed as to how you are doing.

Take Care
          ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Glad to hear! It seems like every time I get my Tysabri infusion, there is someone there for Ocrevus. Hope you feel as well today.
            Kathy
            DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

The next day I had a lot of energy and none of my usual pain. It was the steroids. The third day I felt like sludge. Now I’m back to my normal state.

There were folks getting chemo throughout the day. I felt very fortunate. There was one woman about 40 years old with liver cancer. Her abdomen was very distended. She’s waiting for her surgery. MS can be hard but at least it isn’t fatal.
              Take care, Wiz

Comment

There were folks getting chemo throughout the day. I felt very fortunate. There was one woman about 40 years old with liver cancer. Her abdomen was very distended. She’s waiting for her surgery. MS can be hard but at least it isn’t fatal.
                Hi Wiz

Thanks for sharing your infusion experience.

I guess when we look around, outside of ourselves, we become aware that there will always be people who have worse challenges than we do, and there will always be people who have easier challenges to deal with.

We play the hand we're dealt, the best we can.

Take Care

Comment

This week, I'm playing "catch-up" after returning from a 2-3 week vacation, so my response is a little bit delayed.

Thanks for sharing your infusion experience. I'm glad it went well. Starting a new medication therapy after all of these years with MS might either feel a little disconcerting or hopeful.
                  ~ Faith
                  MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
                  (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
                  - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
                  - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
                  - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Working...
                  X