VA annual visit...and test results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VA annual visit...and test results

Please follow up with your VA for results of cancer screenings. Different cancer screenings are done on certain "milestone" ages.

My husband (who is a Vietnam veteran) had his annual last month. Towards the appointment, the Dr asked him how his cancer treatments were going. What cancer treatments? The results of his blood work were put in his file last year without letting him know. It was at stage 3 last year and now it is a stage 4. We have a very aggressive plan of attack (outside of the VA).

Again, Please follow up with your VA for results of cancer screenings.

I am sorry for your husband's diagnosis. It is a good reminder for all to always follow up with medical providers after tests. Never assume that all is good if you don't hear from them.

I wish both you and your husband well as you fight his cancer. May you both find added strength as you battle.
    Kathy
    DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Thanks for the reminder. I need to do this.
      The future depends on what you do today.- Gandhi

Comment

That seems like extreme negligence. I would be livid. Hope you get a good attorney.

Originally posted by DorOMA View Post
        Please follow up with your VA for results of cancer screenings. Different cancer screenings are done on certain "milestone" ages.

My husband (who is a Vietnam veteran) had his annual last month. Towards the appointment, the Dr asked him how his cancer treatments were going. What cancer treatments? The results of his blood work were put in his file last year without letting him know. It was at stage 3 last year and now it is a stage 4. We have a very aggressive plan of attack (outside of the VA).

Comment

I know it has been awhile since you posted. I just wondering how your husband is doing. I also am a Vietnam era vet and just had my annual.

Originally posted by DorOMA View Post

Comment

Working...
          X