Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A good, short piece on MS and Summer Heat

https://multiplesclerosis.net/living...TKfFEYP8DoIb_Q

Thanks for sharing this MMMS - I can relate to much of the article.

I've gotten used to the challenges of heat intolerance over the years, and although I don't like it one bit, I don't really get depressed or stressed over it anymore, thankfully.

Now if the power goes out and I lose the AC, that's a different story!

Take Care
    PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

A/C is a life saver. 🙂 I don't feel down about not being able to spend a lot of time outside, either. The beach during the hottest part of the day was never my thing, anyway. Being drained is extremely annoying, though.

While everyone else is feeling bad about the end of summer, we're finally able to enjoy the outdoors, though. Fall and Winter are best for me. A house in Alaska is looking good, except that it was 90 there this week. 😮 There's no escape! 😄

Originally posted by KoKo View Post
      Thanks for sharing this MMMS - I can relate to much of the article.

I've gotten used to the challenges of heat intolerance over the years, and although I don't like it one bit, I don't really get depressed or stressed over it anymore, thankfully.

Now if the power goes out and I lose the AC, that's a different story!

Take Care

Comment

I think air conditioners should be considered a medical necessity.

Comment

Originally posted by palmtree View Post
          I think air conditioners should be considered a medical necessity.
          If your Neurologist writes a letter stating it is medically necessary then it becomes "medically necessary." However, you are responsible for the cost of the AC. You can claim it as medical on your income tax with the letter from your Neurologist. The problem for some could be they do not have enough medical expenses to be able to claim it on their income tax.

I received a letter from my Neurologist not long after my diagnosis stating AC was medically necessary.
          Diagnosed 1984
          “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Working...
          X