passed out last pm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

passed out last pm

I had an issue with passing out last pm at 9 pm and coming to about 5:30 am. I can't get my doctor, off till Monday. Can't go to the hospital because the doctor needs to authorize? I missed work and probably will get fired. Any suggestions? no one to take me to medical

thank you

Hi Teddy.

What do you mean you "passed out." Were you on the floor and came to 8 1/2 hours later?

MS isn't known for causing a person to pass out. Being exhausted and falling asleep would be more logical and not uncommon.
    Diagnosed 1984
    “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

I'm doing some summer travel to escape the heat (fleeing to near the Canadian border) and will be near Louisville in a few days and would happily drive you; but of course that doesn't help you now.

Originally posted by Teddy1101
      Can't go to the hospital because the doctor needs to authorize?
      That sounds strange. Even the ER?

I agree with Snoopy that it sounds like being so exhausted. Let me guess: if you try to go to sleep then you can't sleep and symptoms worsen when you lay down, right? I've had to sleep in a chair or at a 45-degree angle in bed when that type of stuff happens. Sounds stupid, but it works.

But of course, we're not doctors, and we're not in your body.

The problem I've found with ER doctors is that they can barely spell "MS" let alone are familiar with our case and the myriad of symptoms and issues we can have. But on the other hand, they're doctors and can diagnose and understand far more than we do.

This post wasn't much help, was it?
      59M / RRMS / Dx1987 / Ocrevus

Comment

Originally posted by Teddy1101 View Post
        I had an issue with passing out last pm at 9 pm and coming to about 5:30 am. I can't get my doctor, off till Monday. Can't go to the hospital because the doctor needs to authorize? I missed work and probably will get fired. Any suggestions? no one to take me to medical

thank you
        Hi Teddy

Sorry to learn about your incident with passing out.

Do you remember if you were feeling any different than usual before you passed out?

Are you feeling ok now?

At the least, please let a family member or friend know what's going on.

Take Care
        PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
        ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

If you truly passed out and didn't come to for 8.5 hours, that deserves a trip to the ER. We're you faint or dizzy? Did you fall or hit your head? If so, make sure you get checked. You want to make sure no internal bleeding in brain. Also, check in regularly with a friend or family member, asking if they don't hear from you, to call in a wellnesss check with local police.

If you meant you just went into a deep sleep and woke much later, less concern. You can still discuss with doctors, but could be sheer exhaustion as others have said. Or if you started a new med, possible side effect.

Hope you are doing ok today and check back in soon.
          Kathy
          DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

RE: Passing out

Thank you all. I am living in Florida now and don't know anyone. I don't sleep well as they have been cutting back on my Klonopin and neighbors are very noisy fighting night and day. Police and management are of no help. I had 2 hours of sleep in 30 hours and just off antibiotics for an infection. I have in past fallen asleep on my feet and almost fell off the chair a few times but nothing like this. I suppose just being tired is plausible and I do not have narcolepsy or anything, just tired. I am going to try Urgent Care in am as I was afraid to drive today.

Comment

Originally posted by Teddy1101 View Post
              Thank you all. I am living in Florida now and don't know anyone. I don't sleep well as they have been cutting back on my Klonopin and neighbors are very noisy fighting night and day. Police and management are of no help. I had 2 hours of sleep in 30 hours and just off antibiotics for an infection. I have in past fallen asleep on my feet and almost fell off the chair a few times but nothing like this. I suppose just being tired is plausible and I do not have narcolepsy or anything, just tired. I am going to try Urgent Care in am as I was afraid to drive today.
              How are you feeling? Did you go to urgent care then?
              Kathy
              DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

This sounds like you might have MS.

The year before I got a dx I was going to the pool every evening and swimming like I have done most of my life. Normally, I would leave the pool energized and stop at 3 grocery stores on the way home, cooked myself a nice dinner and worked in bills and other endeavors until the wee hours.

Then suddenly I was driving home at about 9:30pm and, half way home from the pool, I had to pull over to the side of the road, recline my seat and I was out cold immediately. I woke up at 1:00am and drove the rest of the way home.

Passing out is something different. Have done that, too. For me it usually has been low blood sugar. I was sitting at the eye doctor in those chairs they put you in. Suddenly, I said, “doc I dont feel so good”. The eye Dr. ignored me. Then awhile later I woke up with paramedics all around me. Scared the doctor to death.

So does that help you determine which thing you are experiencing? If it the the former it sounds like MS, the latter could be other things.

Comment

Working...
                X