Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry you feel this way

Originally posted by MyGirlsMom View Post
    Kittysmith, I don’t talk out loud to myself, although now I thinking maybe that could be a useful tool for me, but I understand the lack of self esteem. I have been in a bad place physically for quite sometime now and haven’t gotten the answers I need. I should call my primary care doc for direction but am embarrassed I continue to struggle with my health issues and can’t seem to move forward.

You have many friends here...stay strong and just keep doing what you do to be successful in your job!!! You know it well and so what if you chat a bit a loud...seriously, your CO-worker doesn’t have enough to do if she has time to criticize you. ��

Self esteem is hard to come by, especially when someone is actively trying to break you down every chance they get. Hope you feel better soon. Don't be afraid to call your doctor. They may be able to get you going in the right direction. I also see a therapist every other week. She's helped me a great deal.

There have been many incidences where I feel like my supervisors have not understood MS (and I work in a hospital with a room full of nurses). The worst one was several years ago. I was called into the manager's office. An employee had complained that our office chairs smelled like urine. They asked me, "since I have a neurogenic bladder", could I be leaking urine in the seats. I felt so humiliated. And, of course, I wasn't peeing in the chairs!

Comment

I always talk to myself. When other people ask, I say, “It guarantees an intelligent conversation.”

Comment

Originally posted by kittysmith View Post

There have been many incidences where I feel like my supervisors have not understood MS (and I work in a hospital with a room full of nurses). The worst one was several years ago. I was called into the manager's office. An employee had complained that our office chairs smelled like urine. They asked me, "since I have a neurogenic bladder", could I be leaking urine in the seats. I felt so humiliated. And, of course, I wasn't peeing in the chairs!
        That is terrible!!! What are people thinking at times...probably not thinking at all!! I am so sorry you had to go through things like that.

Today is a better day. Saw my psych doc and agreed to up the dose on some meds I was trying to get off of.

This disease is so hard as people usually see the best of us, not the other side behind the closed doors.

I am so forgetful and confused right now so I am seriously thinking about talking to myself as I do household chores...maybe I won’t forget so many things. 😜

Comment

Originally posted by Thinkimjob View Post
          I always talk to myself. When other people ask, I say, “It guarantees an intelligent conversation.”
          Love it! Thanks for the laugh.
          Kathy
          DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Originally posted by Thinkimjob View Post
            LOVE IT! 😂

Comment

Good to know I'm not alone...

I was nervous all weekend b/c one of my coworkers has been out of town. I know I had been getting on her nerves. I knew we were working together to day. I ruined both days off worrying about bothering her. Today, she came in and I gave her a hug (she had been out with a sick family member)and told her I was glad she was back. I was able to swap days with her to help with her schedule. I feel like I'm breaking new ground. I hope I will have a better relationship with all my coworkers going forward.

I have made so many mistakes. I've spent my life trying to fit in. I just turned 50, and am still hurt by bullying and abuse. Stressing out so often is not good for peopole with MS. So, I'm working really hard to just be a better person. Recognizing my faults, aknowledging them, and moving forward. I hope things will go more smoothly form here on out.

Thank you all for sharing your stories. I may still have to talk to myself, but I'm going to be quiet as a church mouse.

Comment

It is good for every person to work each day at being a better person. Only you know your history. Just make sure you are fair to yourself. You don't want to go to an extreme and let people take advantage of you.

Sometimes in my career, I knew people were taking advantage of my work. And sometimes I was ok with it, figuring in the scheme of things, it didn't matter. But when it did, I made sure to let the person know how I felt. I did it professionally and unemotionally, giving them an out. But that way, they knew they couldn't get away with it.

It was really nice of you to switch schedules to help your coworker out. Don't worry about fitting in, just be yourself, and courteous and nice to everyone. There will always be that one person who can be mean, gossips, bullies, etc.. Just try to stay above it. Other people figure it out. Every now and then, you do get a group of toxic, immature people together, just remind yourself it is their problem, not yours.
                Kathy

Comment

good point

Originally posted by pennstater View Post
                  It is good for every person to work each day at being a better person. Only you know your history. Just make sure you are fair to yourself. You don't want to go to an extreme and let people take advantage of you.

Sometimes in my career, I knew people were taking advantage of my work. And sometimes I was ok with it, figuring in the scheme of things, it didn't matter. But when it did, I made sure to let the person know how I felt. I did it professionally and unemotionally, giving them an out. But that way, they knew they couldn't get away with it.

It was really nice of you to switch schedules to help your coworker out. Don't worry about fitting in, just be yourself, and courteous and nice to everyone. There will always be that one person who can be mean, gossips, bullies, etc.. Just try to stay above it. Other people figure it out. Every now and then, you do get a group of toxic, immature people together, just remind yourself it is their problem, not yours.

I was raised by a narcissistic mother who told me daily that everyone was better than me. My peers are all looking at me and wondering what's wrong with me (when I was anxious). That if 2 kids I was playing with were mad at me, it must be my fault. Told me I'd never have any friends, etc. Tells me she wishes she never went to the trouble of having me. Says she can't remember anythihng nice I've ever done for her. Ridiculous, horrible things to say to your kid, but the dammage is done.

I've never had any self esteem. I cry easily and get my feelings hurt. My MS symptoms seem to have amplified these feelings. I'm a people pleaser (I want to be, anyway). I never put myself first, even with MS.

Comment

I was raised by a narcissistic mother who told me daily that everyone was better than me. My peers are all looking at me and wondering what's wrong with me (when I was anxious). That if 2 kids I was playing with were mad at me, it must be my fault. Told me I'd never have any friends, etc. Tells me she wishes she never went to the trouble of having me. Says she can't remember anythihng nice I've ever done for her. Ridiculous, horrible things to say to your kid, but the dammage is done.

I've never had any self esteem. I cry easily and get my feelings hurt. My MS symptoms seem to have amplified these feelings. I'm a people pleaser (I want to be, anyway). I never put myself first, even with MS.
                    I am sorry your mother treated you this way. Keep telling yourself if people are mean, that is their problem. They are mean because they are unhappy in life and it has nothing to do with you. Your mother may have blamed you, but I am sure it had nothing to do with you and everything to do with herself.

I had an aunt whose mother was like yours. She went the other way raising her kids, in that they could do no wrong. That didn't work either.

There is no reason that anyone's feelings are more important than your own. I still love the Golden rule: treat others as you want to be treated. That is all we can do - control how we go about living life. We can change ourselves, but not others. But others may change as a result of our changed interactions with them. That is what we can hope for.
                    Kathy

Comment

Had to share...

So, I found this quote yesterday. I've printed it, copied it, and put in on the wall in my cubicle. Lol!

"If you see me talking to myself,
                      do not disturb. I'm having a
                      staff meeting".

Comment

So, I found this quote yesterday. I've printed it, copied it, and put in on the wall in my cubicle. Lol!

staff meeting".
                        LOL Perfect!
                        1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
                        Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

staff meeting".
                          Love it! Humor always helps.
                          Kathy

Comment

Working...
                          X