Back to NOT sleeping...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back to NOT sleeping...

I've tried absolutely everything to help me fall asleep. Recently I resorted to wine, but I really don't like it and it didn't do much for me. I do get drowsy, but I haven't mastered the timing yet.

My new primary ordered Trazadone... a terrible medication in my opinion. I have already put it on the "do not take" list. Yesterday I entered a smoke shop for the first time in my life. On recommendations I bought CBD oil gummies. They are actually dried pineapple pieces with the oil infused in them. Haven't used any yet, but maybe tonight.

Some things do work, but not always. Ambien is good for me. Doxylamine is good sometimes. Melatonin has no effect. I've gone thru all the tricks and am not having any luck.

So, my question is this: Is any sleep, by any means good sleep? Is sleep just sleep? Does it matter much how I get it? I did feel better this morning after taking half an Ambien last night. That's usually what I do unless it just resists me late into the night. Then I try another half or half of something else.

I am going to see my thyroid doctor Tuesday. Beginning to think my thyroid could be off and causing this. My endo is stubborn so I don't expect a lot of help, but I have to try. It's like my brain is just rejecting any meds on certain nights. I'd sure like to get back to laying down, closing my eyes and just sleeping naturally.

So I'm asking all you experts who have gone thru this..... any more ideas?? Thanks again.
    Marti

The only cure for insomnia is to get more sleep.

Marti:

I've been following your posts about sleeping difficulties because I suffer from middle insomnia. I fall asleep for a couple of hours and then lie awake for 4-6 hours overnight, hopefully getting a couple more hours of sleep after 5AM. This has been my pattern for the past couple of years.

I recently started taking LDN in the hope of achieving more and better sleep. After 2 weeks on 1.5mg of LDN, I am sleeping better. The first 3 nights were pretty rough, with no sleep at all.....but then LDN seemed to kick in. I was a bit queasy for about 10 days, but that has resolved.

I step up to 3.0mg of LDN in two weeks for a month, and can then step up to 4.5mg if I need to. I have been taking CBD oil at night for the past year. The pharmacist where I get my LDN prescription filled says that LDN used in conjunction with CBD oil seems to help both work better.

My acupuncturist says that "good" sleep (where you sleep deeply enough to dream) is essential to my well-being. The body works to heal itself during this good sleep. After just two weeks on LDN at a very low dose, I am sleeping better and have more energy. I am really hopeful for continued and increased benefits the longer I take LDN.

I hope you are able to find the right combination to help you sleep. Constantly feeling sleep deprived is absolutely awful!!

Comment

Originally posted by Canary54 View Post
      Marti:

I've been following your posts about sleeping difficulties because I suffer from middle insomnia. I fall asleep for a couple of hours and then lie awake for 4-6 hours overnight, hopefully getting a couple more hours of sleep after 5AM. This has been my pattern for the past couple of years.

I recently started taking LDN in the hope of achieving more and better sleep. After 2 weeks on 1.5mg of LDN, I am sleeping better. The first 3 nights were pretty rough, with no sleep at all.....but then LDN seemed to kick in. I was a bit queasy for about 10 days, but that has resolved.

I step up to 3.0mg of LDN in two weeks for a month, and can then step up to 4.5mg if I need to. I have been taking CBD oil at night for the past year. The pharmacist where I get my LDN prescription filled says that LDN used in conjunction with CBD oil seems to help both work better.

My acupuncturist says that "good" sleep (where you sleep deeply enough to dream) is essential to my well-being. The body works to heal itself during this good sleep. After just two weeks on LDN at a very low dose, I am sleeping better and have more energy. I am really hopeful for continued and increased benefits the longer I take LDN.

I hope you are able to find the right combination to help you sleep. Constantly feeling sleep deprived is absolutely awful!!

Thank you for responding. My question is: what is LDN???
      Marti

Comment

Low Dose Naltrexone. You can use the Search function on this discussion board to find out more.

Comment

marti

Lots of information about LDN on this page:

https://www.msworld.org/forum/forumd...nes)-therapies

Take Care
          PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
          ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Saturday I bought CBD oil in dried pineapple. Haven't tried it yet but I will. I've heard a lot of good things about it.

Got a message from my neuro today saying he flat out refuses to order me Xanax. I just don't understand it. I took it for years without any side effects. I had the smallest dose and cut it in half and still have a few of them from my last prescription I filled last Feb. So.. I think I am done with this neuro. I do understand his position, but I am sure these doctors order certain meds for some of their patients. They make the stuff so I'm sure people are using it.

Hoping for good results with the CBD. Thanks all for the suggestions.
            Marti

Comment

Originally posted by marti View Post
              Saturday I bought CBD oil in dried pineapple. Haven't tried it yet but I will. I've heard a lot of good things about it.

Got a message from my neuro today saying he flat out refuses to order me Xanax. I just don't understand it. I took it for years without any side effects. I had the smallest dose and cut it in half and still have a few of them from my last prescription I filled last Feb. So.. I think I am done with this neuro. I do understand his position, but I am sure these doctors order certain meds for some of their patients. They make the stuff so I'm sure people are using it.

Hoping for good results with the CBD. Thanks all for the suggestions.
              Hi marti

I think that Xanax is now prescribed only for short term usage, by some doctors.

Good luck with the CBD, and keep us updated on how it works for you. Thanks!

Take Care
              PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
              ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Both of my neuros would only prescribe anti-depressants and anti-anxiety meds short term. They were of the opinion that if long term needed, then I would need to be under the care of a psychiatrist, since these meds are really part of their specialty.
                Kathy
                DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

I've only asked him for a small amount. But anyway, I do understand his position. Just feel like I've been left out here on my own.
                  Marti

Comment

CBD oil?

The gummies will probably work wonders. Have you tried CBD oil? my MS doc told me to try it. I haven't used it myself, but I have friends who swear by it's ability to calm your nerves and help you relax. I take Amytriptoline at night and it helps.

Comment

Working...
                    X